• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Chambers Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSzychulda

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well here are the completed photo's of my fowler kit! Only a week of working in the evenings, so not too bad. I kept it all pretty basic although I shaped the inlet and tang. I polished all the metal parts bright, and stained the stock with vinegar stain. The wood actually looks almost like ebony! Looks great with the polished metal, although I am sure it will all tarnish over time.

I pinned the trigger guard, pipes and barrel. Emory clothing the mill marks and castings smooth was probably the most time consuming.

I burnished the stock after staining and then hand rubbed tru-oil into the wood till it began to get tacky, then let it dry between coats. I put on about 10 coats of oil, then rubbed the stock down with a little wax.

Thanks for all the help guys and let me now what you think. Sorry the pictures are not a little better. Matt

Riflle.jpg

Rifle5.jpg

Rifle2.jpg

Rifle1.jpg

Rifle4.jpg

Rifle3.jpg

Very nice!!And that only after working one week. :applause: :applause:
I hope that my first selfmade Tulle is as half as good as yours.
:hatsoff:

Thanks, this was my third kit build. I did a CVA hawken some time back, then realized I wanted a longrifle so got a TVM virginia kit. Then of course I had to have a fowler!

There are always a few mistakes I make and have to correct, but this one was for the most part error free. I was definately more confident with this kit, and did not need to refer to my books nearly as much.

I can't believe how much lighter this is than my rifle! It will be a pleasure to carry around, look forward to see if there is an increase in recoil. Matt

Matt,

I have a TVM Fowler that shoots pretty good. Its a little tough on my cheek, but not my shoulder. Its a .62 cal, and weighs 7 1/4#.

Was shooting clays with it Saturday. 60gr 2F, over powder card, mink oil tallow, over shot card, 1 3/8oz mixed 6&8 (I think), and over shot card. It busted the clays pretty regularly.

That's a beautiful gun you have there, have fun.

Java Man

very Nice weapon,
I can see why people like chamber's parts.
Looks top knotch

Back