• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally "finished" my Traditions Kentucky kit.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Snooter! I'm very much anticipating it, checking for tracking updates on flints on the hour it seems. I already have my eyes on a Kibler kit down the road when money isn't so tight. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Ah, you’re thinking and dreaming of a Kibler as did I for a while. I finally succumbed two years ago with a .54 Colonial. Absolutey love it. Tried some incised carving on it and I’m very happy with it. After many other more ‘affordable’ flintlocks over the years I learned the most important requirements to have a fine reliable flint gun, Kibler hits it out of the park.
Those important considerations are:
1. A flat faced well fitted breech plug
2. A correctly positioned touch hole
3. A superior lock itself as this is the heart of the gun’s reliability. (Watch his video on his locks in detail.)
Secondary, but also important to me are:
1. Historical correctness
2. All American made

Attachments

• IMG_1916.jpeg
    IMG_1916.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Thank you! Will do so when I take it apart to slim down the stock some more and do a better job with sanding.
While sanding, I would recommend a flat sanding block to go over the area where the two stocks join with the brass spacer with the gun assembled. This will prevent round over on the edges of the wood.

Ah, you’re thinking and dreaming of a Kibler as did I for a while. I finally succumbed two years ago with a .54 Colonial. Absolutey love it. Tried some incised carving on it and I’m very happy with it. After many other more ‘affordable’ flintlocks over the years I learned the most important requirements to have a fine reliable flint gun, Kibler hits it out of the park.
Those important considerations are:
1. A flat faced well fitted breech plug
2. A correctly positioned touch hole
3. A superior lock itself as this is the heart of the gun’s reliability. (Watch his video on his locks in detail.)
Secondary, but also important to me are:
1. Historical correctness
2. All American made
That's stunning, excellent craftsmanship. I see I've wandered into another crowd of enablers hahaha, I will get one eventually. I'm hoping that I can be successful late winter so I can prove to my wife that something like that is a worthy investment to feed the family as well as be a beautiful piece of decor.

One of them is almost loosely sliding in there. I might take the advice of somebody over on reddit and just smear some beeswax into the holes for peace of mind.
I have been known to slice a tooth pick lengthwise and gently tap it in with the pin. Or find a suitable size stiff wire and use that alongside the pin. I prefer the toothpick sliver to avoid tapping against the barrel tenon. If sharpened, it will go right in.

I have been known to slice a tooth pick lengthwise and gently tap it in with the pin. Or find a suitable size stiff wire and use that alongside the pin. I prefer the toothpick sliver to avoid tapping against the barrel tenon. If sharpened, it will go right in.
Good trick to keep in mind I appreciate it!

If a pin seems loose I always tap a slight bend in it and it will not come out without help. How does it shoot?

Back