• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally, a loading stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ever since I have had my Ruger Old Army, I have made a mess of loading it. I was also under the thought that I had to put grease over the loaded chambers, so melted Crisco was all over the gun too. Ugh!

I have learned much since getting on this forum, and I have happily stolen every good idea I have seen.

A piece of scrap wood turned into a loading stand. Cut outs done with my trusty coping saw, leather from my wife’s craft stash. Brass rod from my stash.
Powder, wad, perhaps filler loaded on the brass rod, back into the gun and ram in the balls.

This will hopefully be faster, allow me to be more careful as to what chamber I am loading, and keep the mess to a minimum. At least, that is my hope!

Attachments

• C586D9D7-2D5E-49ED-966B-3ABBE466CA27.jpeg
    C586D9D7-2D5E-49ED-966B-3ABBE466CA27.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 142
I get on a cleaning binge, get the place looking like an operating room, then my evil twin, Billy, shows up! in very little time, it looks like someone shot off a cannon in there!

Back