• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Final Day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthompson

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Today was the last day of muzzleloader season here in West Virginia and the score was deer -1 and me-0.
I hunted off and on all week and all that I seen was one doe and she was running and to far away for a shot.
I still had a good time just getting out in the woods and watching the other critters and, there is always next year.

Sounds like my last two seasons...except you saw a deer. :wink: You're right though, there's always next season and the anticipation is almost as fun as the hunt.

I am from WV and there are three more days of muzzleloading left in designated counties. Dec 29,- 31st is anterless season in most counties. Anytime it is firearm season here in WV, I am carrying a muzzleloader. Don't give up yet. It ain't over until it's over.

Hunting the late season can be tough, especially when hunting alone. Deer seem to be on "High Alert" after the regular firearms season.

But, it's fun to be out there, and sometimes you just get lucky!

This is the first time in recent memory that I've drawn a blank this far into the season. My rep and street creds are on the line, as well. :surrender:

Just got to get out at least once more and hope. :idunno:

Back