• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Figured I would post some pictures of my first

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Shields

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hope this works. TVM late Lancaster.

IMG_50691.JPG

IMG_50682.JPG

IMG_50662.JPG

It's a long story, but I went from one with many options, to this one, which is a basic rifle with a premium stock. It has a chambers lock, and a strait colerain barrel with round bottom rifling.

This wife said if I did this, she would let me order a Fowler this fall, as apposed to waiting till next spring.

And I thought that was a good deal. :)

It's got a nice clean look to it! Sounds like you negotiated well with the wife too... :hatsoff:

Good looking from what I can see but, a full length photo would be nice! :grin: :thumbsup:

Every time I see a TVM with premium stock it reminds me how Matt Avance ripped me off. But how many more important options are there (except a swamped barrel -- I'd have gone for octagonal to round myself)? That's a fine looking, and promises to be a fine performing, gun!

And a nice fowler soon!?

Win/win!

Hey John, that's your FIRST flint or muzzleloader!? Wow.

Alden said:
Every time I see a TVM with premium stock it reminds me how Matt Avance ripped me off. But how many more important options are there (except a swamped barrel -- I'd have gone for octagonal to round myself)? That's a fine looking, and promises to be a fine performing, gun!

And a nice fowler soon!?

Win/win!

Hey John, that's your FIRST flint or muzzleloader!? Wow.

First muzzle loader. Never wanted a cap gun. LOL

Edit to add: I wanted a swamped barrel, patch box, and sling button.

John Shields said:
First muzzle loader. Never wanted a cap gun. LOL

Edit to add: I wanted a swamped barrel, patch box, and sling button.

42" barrel? I can't hold that so comfortably. I will say that's a heck of a gun to start with! Sometimes less is more. Someday, when you're old, you can have the front of the barrel turned down just to the flats and keep shooting it...

Back