• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite Production Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
62 caliber fusee wanted to get one for a long time since my family has roots in Quebec going back many years
0123221910.jpg

Pay no attention to the unmentionable at the bottom. On top is my Navy Arms 12ga double that I bought new almost 40 years ago. It's been my main go to bp long gun since. I've had it in semi retirement for a couple of decades, but I recently got the bp itch again and took it out of the gun cabinet and have been getting it ready to go again.

Double 12 n 22.jpg

Like others here,Pedersoli and T/C … with a Ruger.

Favorite above all others is my .58 Double Kodiak- Very accurate! and Powerful

The Big Bore .58 T/C is so great to carry and hunt with…. I can easily get another barrel if I want a different caliber.

The ROA- 5.5” SS, No need to say any more
0D2C2B59-51AC-489F-AFBE-122416486EAC.jpeg
0D69E72A-E3D3-41F1-A22D-87104D78AC0A.jpeg
BE3ED88A-D9D7-4C6D-ACBA-A02BF1654CD1.jpeg

Right now, my favorite has to be my flinter Pedersoli Kentucky in .45. Does everything I ask and belches lots of smoke. What more could you want from a production gun?
image.jpg

Still unfired, but was a production kit at one time, and is my favorite of my small collection

Attachments

• Resized_xYs1sY8.jpeg
    Resized_xYs1sY8.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 38
  • FB_IMG_1567826242558.jpg
    FB_IMG_1567826242558.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 42
My three are
H&A 45 cal underhammer
Pietta dance brothers revolver
Uberti 1858 revolving carbine

My three are
H&A 45 cal underhammer
Pietta dance brothers revolver
Uberti 1858 revolving carbine

I've got one of the Uberti carbines too. I like it, but I shoot lefthanded and I tend to catch more debris in my face with it than I care to. Tried it righthanded and didn't have as much stuff hitting me in the face, but I was more accurate with it lefthanded. So, it's more of a wall hanger for me than anything.

Im known for not liking production guns and have not bought one in 30 odd years.
A few weeks ago one was given to me. An 1860 Army revolver.
The key was not in straight, The cylinder pin was sticking out to far.
I had to machine the pin to fit. Now it locks in place.
Still dont like them one bit.

Many Pedersoli fans here. Seems like a good reputation of satisfied people. I know my 2 are exceptionally accurate and are well put together. Oh they are Very Pretty.

Many Pedersoli fans here. Seems like a good reputation of satisfied people. I know my 2 are exceptionally accurate and are well put together. Oh they are Very Pretty.
i have a pedersoli Mortimer that is a wonderful shooter. but heavier than i enjoy, with wood that was mis chosen for grain run through the wrist. it has broken twice. and a replacement from Pedersoli is only 895.00.

I have a 36 cal Pedersoli Frontier percussion, a 45 cal TC Hawken percussion, and a Traditions Shenandoah percussion in 50 cal..for rifles. I also have a H&A underhammer in supposedly 45 and a 32 cal CVA boot pistol.

I really shoot the Pedersoli best. The TC I find muzzle heavy, and the Traditions is weighty, for me, as well.

I did buy a Kibler SMR in 45 cal. I'm working up the courage to start butchering building it.:ghostly:

7C135051-B537-42A0-85FD-2DE8945DD589.jpeg
I’ll show a few more. Handguns this time. From top to bottom: Jukar flintlock .66 caliber, CVA percussion .45 caliber and Pietta 1860 Army .44 caliber.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back