• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fall '09 Tomahawk Throw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Thought I'd give you non-shotgunners something to do. (BEFORE it snows this time. :wink: )Here's the rules;

The target will be a regular sheet of typing/printer paper with an X drawn thru the center from corner to corner.

The distance of the throw will be a minimum of 12 feet from the target.

One stick per entry. The tomahawk blade must "stick" in the target.

One entry per member.

Tomahawks only! No knives, belt axes, etc.

Targets submitted with more than one cut will be disqualified.

Targets ripped or torn beyond recognition will be disqualified.

Judging will consist of measuring the tomahawk's cut from end to end, divide by half to find the center of the cut, then measure that spot to the center of the X on the target, that number will determine the winner.Like this;

tomahawkscoring.jpg

All targets must have the members screen name printed on them (so we know who the winner is).

All entries must be postmarked by November 2, 2009 and received by November 10, 2009 to be eligible.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Mail entries to;
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Have fun! Be safe! :hatsoff:

Might give it a try, I haven't tosed one for several years, bumb shoulder don't like that game, I will see if I can even hit the block then decide, it is still sitting in the back yard in the weed patch.

Great. I'm gonna try this one. I still got my four corners target in my shootin' bag. This one and the shotgun target I'll try to get mailed instead of stored.
Pete

You better send this one in Pete. After all, you've got a title to defend. :thumbsup:

Jethro: New tommy hawk came in today's mail. Tried it out. Works good. Target in the mail.
Now, lessee....where's that shotgun?
Pete D.

Don't forget, this is the last weekend to get out and stick them hawks if you want in the contest! :hatsoff:

Results are in!

And the winner is...

Pete D with a score of 0.236" :shocked2: :hatsoff:
Close in 2nd was Skunkskinner with 0.569"
3rd Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell 1.023"
4th grzrob 2.244"

That's some purty good hawk chuckin' by all of you fellers. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Thanks for playing.

Thank you Jethro224 and Claude for giving us a place to play :hatsoff:

Congrats Pete D :thumbsup:

Back