• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August 2019 Shoot at the boxes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adui, target shot today and will be mailed first thing in the morning.
I just acquired a hand made .50 cal Isaac Haines flint, and shot it today for the first time. So it shot the target for me. From a bench it was one holing at 25 yds, but shooting freehand at the target, well..., thats the difference between the gun and the shooter..
Walk

I got mine shot Friday and mailed after. While having a good day, I also cut 2 cards, nicked 2 in 5 shots, 2 for 2 on tongue depressors, using a holding jig I made to put into a bullet hole on the target back stop. I plan on card shooting at 50 yards when I make some more holding dowels. We have a fairly restrictive club with anal rules. We aren't allowed to put up our own frames. We have a long range 100y, 150y and 200y yards, for only modern weapons (NO .22 s, l, lr or mag and NO None Modern ML's (newer rule)) unless boards special approval is given. I've been waiting since Feb after requesting, with documentation, for LR shooting I have competed in with my flintlock guns. Our short range is 25y and 50y for any firearm. The close range is for handguns only with framed target boards at 7y and 10y yards. If I want something different I have to drive 63.7 miles to my old haunts or wait for approval. The card jig I made also holds other small targets. I'm also required to clean up cards and target fragments. Guess I'm a rebel at heart and keep finding alternative solutions to problems presented. I am waiting for the old time officers to boot me or suspend. LOL More to rant on but I'm done.
The jig is made from a spring action clothespin. I broke off one lever at about 1/4" from the spring. The clamp holds sting holding THINGS that break. We aren't allowed exploding targets. I use a 6" length of 3/8" dowel rod. I wrap a small rubber band tightly around both ends about 1" from the ends. I make a slit on each end to hold cards or other THINGS. cards can be vertical, horizontal or skewed how you want for fun. Suckers, small balloons, Popsicle sticks, tongue depressors, etc.

Hmm, mailed it away on Saturday August 24th, should’ve been there by now. Oh well, wasn’t a great show on my behalf anyhow so don’t wait to long because of it.
No worries sir.
Walk

Thank you kind Sir. This is the time of year to start your fine tune efforts for hunting seasons. Augusts' target makes you concentrate on different target spots. A single bull with 5 shots is what I call an "adjust sight read" target. If your shot is true you shoot at your hole. If it hit at, say, 2 O'clock, you aim (adjust) your shot to hit left of that hole. But, when you hunt, a slightly off target hit may mean you have to track and follow up rather than walk up to your harvest. Thanks again, Sir, for your work running these events for our small group.

OK folks, I know you have all been waiting for scores so here they are:
We have Mad Irish Jack winning with 5 points.
Second place goes to Cankeney with 4 points.
Third place is a 4 way tie with Dmarsh, PK, Richard Dittman, and Russel Shaffer all scoring 3 points.
Scoreboard below:

Mad Irish Jack 5
Cankeney 4
Dmarsh 3
PK 3
Ruichard Dittman 3
Russel Shaffer 3
Maven 1
MDK_WV 1
Shane A Gress 0

Yes, congrats sir, very nice shooting. I expect my target will show up in another couple weeks. Damn postal service. Oh well, shooting the Sept target this weekend and will mail it Monday. Hopefully they can deliver it in a timely manner.
Walk

As a side note for Walking Eagle, and everyone. When you put my address in make sure you put Street or ST after the street number. We have a 90th place as well, and while I haven't to my knowledge had my mail go there yet, I have gotten a lot of thiers recently

Back