• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Extra Cylinders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does Uberti market extra cylinders like Pietta?

Seems like a really good idea to have a couple - 3 extras around. Load 'em all up at home before going to the range/woods/etc

I can't give you a vendor off hand, but I know I have seen them offered recently, maybe Cabela's?

Nope, not Cabela's, in fact I found what I was thinking of at Fall Creek Sutlers, but it was conversion cylinders not spare C&B cylinders, sorry!

Taylor's has them as well. They aren't as cheap as Pietta's, but I keep reading that, despite their bridging the quality gap, they still aren't quite as good as Uberti's are. But I don't know this, and it could just be that some have minor fit/finish flaws and some don't.

Well, it's a good idea if they will fit up and all shoot to the same point of aim. Mine would not shoot to the same POA in my 58 Rem although it dropped in with no trouble. MD

I forgot about VTI. I have a uberti mellinium 58 Remington. I lost my original cylinder at a civil war event. Used my spare standard blued cylinder the rest of the event. Orderd one when I got home that night and came a couple days later. It dropped right in.( no-one else had a millinium cylinder). Shoots the same. So I have a spare dropin and a shhhh(conversion cylinder) for the gun.

Many Thanks, Rodwha - Taylor's looks to be a great place that caters to BP shooters. The only drawback is that their prices are a bit higher than most.

But, if you're looking for something and nobody else has it, or it's "out of stock", sometimes the extra bucks aren't a consideration.

But right now I think I'm going to hold up on the extra cylinders and wait until I see how much one cylinder can get me stoked!

Again, Rodwha, a big THANKS for the site, they really offer a lot of things that would probably be impossible to find elsewhere.

Why ? seriously if you feel the need for fast( :rotf: ) reloads a modern is what you might need. I realy realy wish people would leave traditional B/P shooting traditional and stop trying to apply modern lodgic all the time.

Elmer Keaton covered it best,,If the discussion isn't settled in 6 shot,you need to work on your gun skills.
One shot,,,,one kill..
Gun control ,,,,being able to double tap ,one center mass,one in the head.

Elmer Keaton covered it best,,If the discussion isn't settled in 6 shot,you need to work on your gun skills.
One shot,,,,one kill..
Gun control ,,,,being able to double tap ,one center mass,one in the head.

Chill Phill, and don't pump up your chest too much trying to prove your skin is buck. Don't assume I am applying modern logic to traditional BP pursuits.

I have 0 BP revolvers, and am just getting acquainted with them. I read someone's post where he mentioned having extra cylinders and I mused about that a bit. The thought crossed my mind that the possibility of a couple extra cylinders might indeed come in handy in hunting situations. It was just a thought I was chasing down.

Oh, and most hunting situations I use one of 6 original 19th century percussion doubles. Others I use replica flintlocks. Do I get your traditional approval?

You'll also notice in a earlier post on this thread that I said, as an initiate I'll probably be all set with just one. Using these BP revolvers will be a brand new experience
for me, remember.

Please don't pontificate on what makes someone a traditional blackpowder follower or not. It makes you come off as a blowhard, and you're probably a really nice guy.

To much bickering on this site as of late,,,the world is screwed up enough and I come on here to escape the B/S,, but no it follows me,,so I am loading my mule and leaving camp,,see you up the trail,,maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If we meet and nothing has changed,stop,, have a cup of coffee and ride on don't want to share a fire...don't want to talk.

Honestly you dont need them, spend your money on a nice belt rig, fancy case and gear etc. better yet a matching mate .

Maybe you'll find someone who shares your thoughts about how being proficient in the double tap - one to the chest and one to the head - is a skill in traditional Blackpowder pursuits.

Bickering? I've been a member here for 8 years and I never once felt the need to reply to someone because they aimed a slur my way. SDo I addressed it to Phill.

And then, twice in one night, you set yourself up as another pure traditionalist with an Elmer Keith nugget which has NO possible application to blackpowder shooters.

How could I notreply?

Back