• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Expensive Blackpowder Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collectors do not think like regular people. But, high end collectibles and fine art are becoming the new investments. Instead of stocks investors can buy a percentage of an expensive piece of art. e.g. a painting that sells for $10million might have ten owners who own a 10% piece of it each. There is a term for this. I think it is called 'non frangible tokens'. I don't understand it but I didn't understand it when clam shells were used as currency either. 🤔

Collectors do not think like regular people. But, high end collectibles and fine art are becoming the new investments. Instead of stocks investors can buy a percentage of an expensive piece of art. e.g. a painting that sells for $10million might have ten owners who own a 10% piece of it each. There is a term for this. I think it is called 'non frangible tokens'. I don't understand it but I didn't understand it when clam shells were used as currency either. 🤔
NFTs…None Fungible Tokens

“Non-fungible” means that it is completely unique. “Token” means that it can be transferred on a blockchain. Essentially, NFTs are assets that carry a unique digital identity and can be traded between users on a public blockchain.

Common examples of NFTs include artwork, trading cards, comic books, sports collectibles, games and more. Although NFTs tend to be associated with artwork, they actually represent much more.

Don't you wish you'd bought a bunch of inexpensive guns of any type specifically for eventual resale?
wm

That describes most of my “collection”. Oh I have some expensive guns, but a lot of what I have I bought not only because I was interested in it but because I thought it was priced right. Although not bought with a specific thought to selling, I always knew they would be sold some day. As I like to say “I hope I live long enough to go to my sale”.

Don't you wish you'd bought a bunch of inexpensive guns of any type specifically for eventual resale?

wm
That’s pretty much what my Dad has done. I think he has around 30+ 70’s era blackpowder rifles of various makes such as CVAs, TCs, and different Italian imports. All are in very good condition, most were purchased below $150.00. It’s like he had an obsession….

It really hasn't taken that long for "inexpensive" BP guns to at least double in price already. Wish I had picked up more early on....but didn't have the $$ back then either. :doh:

NFTs…None Fungible Tokens

“Non-fungible” means that it is completely unique. “Token” means that it can be transferred on a blockchain. Essentially, NFTs are assets that carry a unique digital identity and can be traded between users on a public blockchain.

Common examples of NFTs include artwork, trading cards, comic books, sports collectibles, games and more. Although NFTs tend to be associated with artwork, they actually represent much more.
Thanks. Interesting. But, I am still in the clam shell mode.
Frank

I've bought expensive guns for not much money and cheap guns for too much. I've always paid what was asked and I don't dicker or talk a person down from what was asked. Mostly depended on if I really wanted the item. I've always been happy with my purchases.

I sold a few thousand guns in my life. I had a shop making a partial living. Retired from that and my interest has come back but I still don't get the I've never sold a gun. They must have more money than I ever had, or they have never got to play with as many as I have.

Thanks. Interesting. But, I am still in the clam shell mode.
Frank
Stay there on this one. The whole idea of NFT has so far not been made even coherent, either mathematically or legally. The more you actually know about computers, data, and data representation, the less sense it makes. I'd say "But people are buying them," except it's not clear what "them" even means. It's accurate only to say "People are sending money to other people who then say that the people paying them have special rights to .... (well, it's not clear what would go in here -- but something like "a unique bit pattern")" But trying to say what makes one instance of a bit pattern unique among all the instances (copies) of that bit pattern turns out to be either trivial (and not what NFTs need) or incoherent blather.

NFTs were all the rage a few months ago, but they seem to have really cooled off lately. If you happen to have an NFT (and it's not even clear what that means 😂), you might want to check on how much you could get for it right now. I think the market is way down. Also, you should check now and then to be sure that your NFT hasn't caught the dreaded link rot.

It's bad enough to be scammed into buying something that never gets delivered or doesn't even exist. But buying something that can't even be described coherently goes way beyond that.:rolleyes:

Back