• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ever seen this before? Non-spinning hammer roller

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler L

40 Cal
Reaction score
I picked up a Uberti 1862 Pocket Police, and while taking it apart, I happened to notice the little roller on the hammer was not turning. At first, I thought the roller might just be gummed-up, but no, it was loose but wouldn't turn. After punching out the pin, surprisingly it was stuck because the hammer slot was too shallow (or the roller was too big in diameter.) The roller also had a shallow divot in one spot, probably from when the factory forced it in there. The best option was to turn the roller down, and luckily a #2-56 screw fit perfectly through the hole. Kind of a weird defect!

Attachments

• 20231007_172553.jpg
    20231007_172553.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231007_175604.jpg
    20231007_175604.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231007_184001.jpg
    20231007_184001.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 0
My Uberti 62,had the hole drilled off center so it would only rotate part way,I ground it down as close to round as my eye would get,works good enough,I don't shoot it much,I have heck of a time hitting very well with it with that dinky grip.

Tyler L maybe some thing like me, if it’s not right it needs fixed. Probably thousands of items that have some type of issue will work for years and lots of people aren’t even aware of the flaw. If I know it’s there and can figure out how to fix it then then my nature insists that the fix is made.

All now is well with the world :ghostly:-- if it bothers you fix it if it does not bother you leave it alone ----:horseback::ThankYou:

Tyler L maybe some thing like me, if it’s not right it needs fixed. Probably thousands of items that have some type of issue will work for years and lots of people aren’t even aware of the flaw. If I know it’s there and can figure out how to fix it then then my nature insists that the fix is made.
We think along the same lines.
I recently had to fight off a horrible urge to bring home a sick' but like new SA Star by Pietta with major action problems for a real bargain at a local gun show 🤣

Back