• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euroarms P53, help me out

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dropped in at a gun shop out of town and they have for sale a used Euroarms P53 Enfield for sale. Bore looks pretty good and has historically accurate sling but there is some spots of surface rust on the barrel and the bluing is gone from the first 4-5" from the muzzle, I'm assuming from a bayonet.

What are these going for in said condition? They had $650 on the tag. Should I pass or make another trip?

That's a good deal if it's in nice shape. Would be interested to hear more about markings on it and serial number to know when it was made and if its all Italian or part British (i.e., Parker-Hale barrel and lock).

The bluing is faded most likely do to handling of the muzzle during loading. My P-H P58 is like that too. Is there a tall front sight blade on it that would indicate that maybe it was used in N-SSA competition?

Value is based on who made it. If it's a Parker Hale Birmingham, go buy it right now. Anybody else, it's still a deal, but don't get a speeding ticket on the way.

Probably won't find one cheaper, especially locally you can examine. Go in with the $650, five hundreds and three fifties. Pull out the 5 C notes and make your offer and see what happens. The sight of money usually helps and go from there adding a fifty or three if needed. The bluing loss may have been from installing a higher front sight blade, common on NSSA guns. Flux used to solder the new blade in place removes bluing if allowed to go where unwanted. Like a lot of things, a little dab of flux will do so it doesn't flow everywhere. YMMV

Got some more background on the rifle. Apparently it's been up for sale for several months now. Its previous owner used it in NSSA skirmishes (dunno where, there are no NSSA shoots around here) and that the rifle's biggest issue is that the lock parts are very worn. If I didn't already have like a dozen or so 'project guns' already in varying stages of work I'd jump on this, but I think I'll pass for now.

Got some more background on the rifle. Apparently it's been up for sale for several months now. Its previous owner used it in NSSA skirmishes (dunno where, there are no NSSA shoots around here) and that the rifle's biggest issue is that the lock parts are very worn. If I didn't already have like a dozen or so 'project guns' already in varying stages of work I'd jump on this, but I think I'll pass for now.
Yeah, getting replacement parts for those can be very hard.

Back