• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Equipment, Safety for ML-Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFLMAO!! Crackstock, I am only a few hours south of you in sunny Florida! Germany is a beautiful place, and I want to go back again some day.

BUT, I too hope to get more ML guns into greater use in my country! :haha:

Oops -- sorry. I grumped at poor ole Zonie for doing that to me a while back and now... :shocked2:

Duh!

CS

Kirrmeister,

That is most gracious of you. The reality on my end is that I "accidentally" became self employed about 3 years ago, and could not afford to make such a journey for quite some time.

Hello Pork Chop,

I live in southern Bavaria 40 km south of munich near Tegernsee, if you know that? Belongs your chat name to your profession (butcher?)

Greetings from Germany

Kirrmeister

When my wife and I were on vacation in Germany, we stayed at a Gasthaus in Tegernsee - we LOVED it there! Beautiful countryside! I am envious!!

My screen name is actually from when I used to surf. I am self employed doing data collection and internet feeds for car dealerships as well as printing warranty stickers and customized advertising pages for used cars.

Hi Pork Chop, you are right, it's very nice there. But I'm very intersted in visiting the US, because I have learned at my time in the German Armed Forces that US-citizens are also very friendly and helpful guys. For me it is hard to believe how big the territory of the US is.

I think that I am safe in saying that most of the folks on the forum will be very helpful in planning your visit. My experience in travelling abroad is that if you attempt to learn the language and customs before you go, your way will be a lot easier. Since you type english very well, I suspect that you speak it well also. That would help you get around quite nicely.

What parts of the US would you like to see? I will gladly give my recommendations based on my experiences. The US has a tremendous amount to see. If you prefer a particular type of environment, that would help narrow it down. If I can guide you any in Florida, say the word!

Hello Pork Chop,

many thanks for the offer. I would prefer hunting on whitetail deer or muledeer. Don't know where the best places are. While I have been never in the US before I would think the East coast seems to be good and here the "Good Old South". I think GE-Southerners and US-southerners have many incommon. So I will find it great if you want to be my guide on a hunt in Florida. But isn't it very warm and huimid there? which kind of deer and game do you have there?

I would be happy to take you to hunt on public land - I don't have access to private land. No guarantees on success though. We have whitetail deer. Deer here are a bit smaller than the northern cousins, but they eat just as well!

Hi Pork Chop!

thanks for the offer. It doesn't matter how big the whitetails. I'm used to roes which are much smaller than whitetails, so they are big enough for me.I don't want any big antlers, the only thing I want is a nice hunt in the nature. If we are not successfull, doesn't make me sad. Only the hunting adventure counts. I t would be better to have further contact by e-mail. My private adress is: [email protected].

Back