• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ed Woodall Gunsmith?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed … no, but in the 80s there was a gunsmith named Ray Woodall from Apollo, PA, who started selling what became known as the Centermark fusil de chasse muskets, first sold as kits. He also did engraving later in life, after he sold Centermark.

Ed Woodland passed away about 2006 or thereabouts sadly. He lived in Pottstown , Pa. I have a Bess Carbine he built. He was a good guy.
Thank you! Just took possession of a replica M1776 rifle from the mid-80's. It belonged to an old re-enactor pal of mine and was built from TRS parts. My pal and 3 others ordered parts sets; one pair was built by Loyalist, and two were done by Woodland, according to my friend. (He said the name was Woodall, but I'm sure you know more about it than I.) The Pottstown location matches what he said about it. Thanks for the input! The rifle was used in a number of re-enactments by guys in the 17th Light Co. British re-enactors. The history of the original M1776's is very interesting. Have a good Thanksgiving!

Ed … no, but in the 80s there was a gunsmith named Ray Woodall from Apollo, PA, who started selling what became known as the Centermark fusil de chasse muskets, first sold as kits. He also did engraving later in life, after he sold Centermark.
That name comports with what my pal stated relative to who built the M1776 I just bought from him. It's just nice to know some background about things. Thanks!

Woodall, Woodland, Apollo, Pottstown; thanks for the input, guys! Anyway, I'm happy to be able to own a nice replica rifle with an interesting history! Thank you! :)

Woodall, Woodland, Apollo, Pottstown; thanks for the input, guys! Anyway, I'm happy to be able to own a nice replica rifle with an interesting history! Thank you! :)
You’re certainly welcome. Nice find!!! I fielded with those two gents in the 17th Lights many times in the early and mid 2000s. As I was with a different Light Company too. And I handled one of those whilst we were talking. If I recall correctly one of them shot it live at a range, but I forgot how it patterned on paper.

Latest posts

Back