• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

eBay TC parts cost

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been in a bind for TC parts before, after a fruitless search when I did find when what I needed the price didn't matter, I suspect others see it that way as well.

The only part price I balked on was a sear spring for a TC lock that the M/L parts house wanted $8 for it and $13 to ship, this coil spring is smaller than a pencil eraser. I eventually found one eBay for $7 shipped.

I have all the TC guns I want (2 Hawkens), I put one together with an old stock I upgraded and added a drop in GM barrel, I bought parts for a Renegade rebuild off eBay a few years ago, the parts were high but not ridiculous.

I just dropped by to look at barrel prices, a friend has a .45 Hawken with barrel problems. GOOD GRIEF! A rusted-out barrel stripped of parts is going for $150, a decent Hawken barrel is going for $350.

The Gun Works will make you a new TC drop in barrel in any caliber for $350 and people are bidding TC barrels in rough shape up to close to $300, insane.

Are people nuts?
Yes.

Guys today looking for gun parts are spoiled. Before the internet, chances of finding many parts from other than places like Sarco or Numrich were ..zero... until you could get to a gun show. Times change. Sometimes it's better. Sometimes it's not. Today, it's a happy time. Enjoy it.

Back