• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

eBay TC parts cost

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have all the TC guns I want (2 Hawkens), I put one together with an old stock I upgraded and added a drop in GM barrel, I bought parts for a Renegade rebuild off eBay a few years ago, the parts were high but not ridiculous.

I just dropped by to look at barrel prices, a friend has a .45 Hawken with barrel problems. GOOD GRIEF! A rusted-out barrel stripped of parts is going for $150, a decent Hawken barrel is going for $350.

The Gun Works will make you a new TC drop in barrel in any caliber for $350 and people are bidding TC barrels in rough shape up to close to $300, insane.

Are people nuts?

I have all the TC guns I want (2 Hawkens), I put one together with an old stock I upgraded and added a drop in GM barrel, I bought parts for a Renegade rebuild off eBay a few years ago, the parts were high but not ridiculous.

I just dropped by to look at barrel prices, a friend has a .45 Hawken with barrel problems. GOOD GRIEF! A rusted-out barrel stripped of parts is going for $150, a decent Hawken barrel is going for $350.

The Gun Works will make you a new TC drop in barrel in any caliber for $350 and people are bidding TC barrels in rough shape up to close to $300, insane.

Are people nuts?
That's one of them "rhetorical" questions, right? Most of us didn't study rhetoricals. . . .

Varies. I picked up a couple of real deals on there since Christmas. An immaculate 50 cal complete renegade barrel with ramrod for $138 shipped. A white mountain carbine 54 cal stock complete with lock for $165 shipped. But both were categorized wrong so likely didn't get much traffic.

But yes, it seems to have gone stupid in the last few months.

Just spent few hours there, Crazy. Prices on some stuff higher than new from deer creek etc, had a $350.00 CVA .54 smoothbore barrel though. HIGH as heck but I never even heard of it and would have strugled but its 1" and I have 15/16ths (Thanks Lord).

Are people nuts?
Yep. Greedy nuts.

I've noticed about a %30 increase on TC parts on this site lately. The parts are drying up, the last three estate sales I've attended have been selling guns for top dollar. I've also noticed 54 caliber factory guns are becoming especially harder to find.

A while back I was looking for a wooden stock for a CVA Mountain Stalker rifle. Someone had a stock, lock and trigger assembly listed on Ebay for $ 350.00. Crazy! I made two offers but they wouldn't budge on the price.
I later found one for $ 120.00.

I have found that the good deals get snapped up within minutes after they are posted with a buy it now offers. My best buys were a brand-new GM 13/16 .40 barrel listed for $75, I saw the ad a few minutes after it was posted.

Here is where the barrel resides now.

squirrel rifle done 010.JPG

Then there was a new TC Renegade kit barrel in the white for $60, no sights, or under rib but a great deal none the less.

I picked up a Renegade stock for another $60 from a friend and made this rifle, it has an L&R RPL lock

finished Renegads 002.JPG

I used to haunt the gun parts section of eBay and find these deals; I seldom look at eBay parts anymore, too depressing.

Last edited:
It not just TC parts…it’s CVA and Traditions discontinued model parts…literally all things muzzleloader…$8.00 for a screw plus $5.90 shipping…

All things eBay are up considerably IMO ridiculously so…I watch for certain things that I once collected…way too much $$$

It is, truly, supply and demand for all things firearms-related. Many people are buying complete or nearly complete guns and stripping them out to sell parts. Those "project" guns that many of us have lying around can now be parted out at a higher return than if we actually complete the project and sell the finished gun. With that money, you can buy something better. It works.

One thing Ebay and Gunbroker have proven - "For every pot, there's a lid."

Unbelievable numbers of pistols and rifles are being parted out each year on the different sites like Ebay and Gunbroker. Contributes to the scarcity of some makes and models. Can drive up the price of surviving pieces also.

Last edited:
Unbelievable numbers of pistols and rifles are being parted out each year on the different sites like Ebay and Gunbroker. Contributes to the scarcity of some makes and models. Can drive up the price of surviving pieces also.
Can't blame them. You can get close to 75% more than a complete gun by parting out and sell it quicker.

I check this kind of stuff daily over morning coffee, there's still some decent parts listed by reasonable, non-greedy types, and they do sell rather quickly. The : insert favorite derogatory term here _______ , trying to get $1,000+ from broken down T/C rifle parts, mostly just sit and languish unsold...And deservedly so. 8-10 years ago, I was putting together Renegade & New Englander's, from parts for $250-300 apiece. Around 5 years ago, I won a 12 GA New Englander barrel for under $175 shipped! Sadly, times have since changed.

Latest posts

Back