• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Wall Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'Old Build. Ben Coogle bbl., the rest TRS. 1" bore and wght. about 29 # +/-. It now lives somewhere way up in Maine.
DSC00142.JPG
DSC00524.JPG
DSC00523.JPG
DSC00097.JPG
DSC00517.JPG
DSC00096.JPG
ine. Pics are from 2010.

There's a glaring hiccup in this build that I had to concoct a story for and do a 'workaround' to support it. Let's see who picks it up. I'll try
DSC00141.JPG
for a pic for a clue.

I did one back in those days too. I heard that Tom Brown owns it now. Beeny Coogle 60" barrel, 1" bore. All TRS parts except for the stock, which I shaped from a blank. This one went 38lbs. The lock is 9" long and weighs 3lbs!
Well, I don't seem to be able to figure out where I put the pictures. It's the BIG one in the middle in this picture.

Attachments

• 705d4992 (1).JPG
    705d4992 (1).JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
I did one back in those days too. I heard that Tom Brown owns it now. Beeny Coogle 60" barrel, 1" bore. All TRS parts except for the stock, which I shaped from a blank. This one went 38lbs. The lock is 9" long and weighs 3lbs!
Well, I don't seem to be able to figure out where I put the pictures. It's the BIG one in the middle in this picture.
Inletting the bbl. is better than going to the gym. That's a L&R Queen Ann lock next to the wall gun lock for anybody who's never seen one before. And, if you find those pics I'd love to see'm, likewise the HVF next to it. Did you pick out the hiccup on mine yet? Que the Jeopardy music....

No taker's huh? Well, after my pal waited about 2 years for the lock and stock it showed up with inlets for ramrod and thimbles. 'Not needed on the Dutch version since they used that long 'spud' welded on the barrel for an anchor with the r/rod carried seperate. So had to go with a premise that it'd had the original 'spud' removed and converted to the typical yoke type mount system for use in an established fortification. Then, being put to use later on on a overland campaign that would have no fortifications of any type, was converted back to the 'spud' again for quicker use where drilling a hole in something to mount the gun if needed was going to make it near useless. I did go so far as to mount an anchor stud on the bottom of the bbl and drilled it out so even now a yoke could be forged up for it, bolted on, and it could actually be put to use that way if desired. So that's the whole lurid tale. No doubt holes can be found in the story..., but I had to come up with something or wait who knows how long for another stock from TRS and a good number of us know how that story's going to play out (chuckle).

Back