• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Shultz

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteJoe

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with the "Dutch Shultz Accuracy System"?
I came across it some years ago. I thought he made some good points, reminded me of things I already knew but had been neglecting to practice and also seemed to include quite a bit of nonsence.
I just wondered what others may think of Dutch's "system". :hmm:

CoyoteJoe,
The only Dutch Shultz I know came packing a tommy gun. Don't think he will be much help to us.
:crackup:

Actually, before I found this forum. Dutch Schoultz accuracy handbook was my "Bible". There is no one around here(Twin Falls), that I know of, that could help me with the problems I was encountering with the Blackpowder rifle. He took me from terribly inconsistent accuracy to feeling that the gun shoots better than I can hold. I have actually spoken with him on the phone several times and he has been very courtious and helpful. I have found that what he preaches does work. I am not content that his way is the only way but he can help most people figure out what theyre doing wrong. He has some foundations that I'm sure follow through with any patch, ball, lube combination. That is that everything has to be done the SAME WAY EVERY TIME or the ball will probably go to a different place than the last one. I am coming to like a slightly greasier patch, for shooting enjoyment (ease of loading, keeps fouling soft) but I cant say I get the accuracy with the other methods "Yet" that I have with Dutches' method. I will just sum it up and say, If it wasnt for Dutch, I would have completely given up on Blackpowder shooting by now and made a lamp out of my one gun (then) instead of enjoying shooting my 5, soon to be 6 blackpowder guns.
Idaho PRB :peace:

I have used Dutch Schoultz dry patch method for target work. His idea really improved accuracy. I have talked to him several times-Very helpful and interesting.

Has anyone worked with the "Dutch Shultz Accuracy System"?
I came across it some years ago. I thought he made some good points, reminded me of things I already knew but had been neglecting to practice and also seemed to include quite a bit of nonsence.
I just wondered what others may think of Dutch's "system". :hmm:

The "SYSTEM" is worth 10 TIMES the Price you pay for it.... :thumbsup: :redthumb: :thumbsup: :redthumb:

Dutch offers a good intro to target shooting for a very reasonable price. He has always been responsive and a pleasure to deal with. I still correspond with him at times.

I used much of his method when I was getting into monthly competitions and it helped me increase my score quite a bit. I do not agree with all of his teachings, but I did learn enough to believe that my money was well spent. I regularly send people his way if they have no mentor to assist them in learning abut shooting MLs.

YMHS,
CrackStock

I have used his system for several years and agree that it is well worth the money. I now have a five gallon bucket of water soluble oil, enough for several lifetimes.

Ah don't ritly reemember what his handel wer, but seems ta me that Dutch Shultz are a member o this furum.
Bean sometime sence Ah has seen him post, but Ah kud swar that Ah remembars him ansuring sum questions 'bout 6 or 9 montha ago? ::

Back