• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drop in bore light for rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garandman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
TO get a good inspection of a muzzleloading rifle, I wanted a drop in bore light. Reviews of everything out there, indicated the things sold had too yellow a light, and I really wanted a white light.

SO initially, I got one of these....

streamlight-nano-key-chain-black.jpg

its a Streamlight Nano. Its less than 0.50" so it'll work for 50 cal and up. I took the latch off, but it was WAAAY too bright to see anything at all.

SO I dropped a 45-70 bullett (no case) in after, and it works great, to let you inspect the bore real well.

What are y'all doing to inspect the bore?

I also use an Oriely's light.They are well worth the money. Also I use the cheap "lighted bober"for simple cleaning checks. :idunno:

i have an energizer light similar to the one shown for guns down to 45cal & one of the o'reilly's for down to 32cal the energizer was on close-out at wally world back by the automotive register. for what it's worth & have a good'en, bubba.

One more for the O'Riellys drop in light..............watch yer top knot..................

fishing bobber lite? really thin and will fit in a 32. about 2.95 and drop right in.

Back