• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Down to the wire PA hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt PA

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It was a very busy fall and winter for me with home projects, and work, and all the daily trappings we wish we could avoid or remove from our lives! Before I knew it my favorite season to be out was almost over and I had yet to even tip over a powder measure. :shake:

I buckled down and was determined to get out Saturday for the last day of our late flintlock only season. Snow in the forecast and visions of slipping along in those quiet woods made me put a few other things aside to get a few hours to myself.

I was rewarded with a nice fat doe for my efforts and now I have the image of that perfect deer in a snow covered backdrop to keep me going toward hopefully a less hectic 2017 season.
60 ish yard slightly quartering to shot from the .54 and the prb did the trick.
The rifle is cleaned up, backstraps pulled ,and feeling satisfied!

Flint%20doe%202017_zps0hrzagow.jpg

Congrats on a great last minute hunt! Good pic, and fine looking flinter. Enjoy those backstraps.

You're a far better man than I am to put all those "chores" ahead of your favorite deer season! I don't know about you, but my very soul just NEEDS to get out!

So, I sure am glad it worked out for you at the last minute. That's a great deer and a wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

What a blessing that the whole season did not completely get by you. Couple that with snow to hunt in AND success and you have a memory of a lifetime! Good for you.

Projects in the Fall?????--I throw my tools down the end of August....Stop promising the wife a completion date...You'll learn.

snow cover+flintlock+deer=Outstanding!
Good Shooting!
They sure like those steep hill sides.
Nice Boom Stick!

Back