• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Double set trigger plans anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashpanner

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am scratch building as much of the hardware, less barrel and breach plug, on my Lancaster style. I am looking for drawings, sketches, dimentions for a double lever, double set trigger, golden age. Anyone have plans, will to share?

There is a whole chapter devoted to building a set of triggers in "The Gunsmith of Grenville County".

When you say that you are scratch building everything minus barrel and breech plug, does that imply that you are building the lock?

If that is so, where might one find the drawings/instructions for building the lock?
Thanks
J.D.

I have to confess, I built that (Siler large lock) from a kit. It was my son's and he lost interest in it. I bought it from him and built it, it is what got me started and interested in this hobby.

J.D.
There is brochure by Pryor Mountian Bill called either the "Hand Forged Lock" or the "Hand Made Lock" that will help get you started. I think Dixie Gun Works still sells these.

Regards, Dave

flashpanner,
I have an old Siler kit that I need to finish, so I am aware of th skill necessary to properly assemble a good lock. That alone speaks volumes about your abilities, so making a set of triggers shouldn't be all that difficult for you.

dvlmstr,
Thanks, I'll check it out.
J.D.

Back