• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

double barrel flint pistol ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AGREED 100%.

I've wondered more than once what the "night-prowling intruder, armed with a bush knife" mentioned in Lord Baden-Powell's memoirs "last thoughts" were when he was confronted & shot GYD by B-P's batman with B-Ps LARGE-bore double-barrel howdah pistol.
(Accounts vary as to whether the howdah pistol was 11 or 14 bore. - EITHER would look like a howitzer from the muzzle end!)

yours, satx

Here is my flinter, more of a howdah type
d6c6193b.jpg

Looks shootable! Frizzens look hardly used for an original! Gotta wonder the history! Has some poor ol ancestor of Alden been removed from service from this wonder?

:eek:ff My mom found an old .38 short colt revolver built in the wall of her family farm in KY when the remodeled prior to selling to the "Yoder" family and of curse I ended up with it. Now being hidden in a wall I'm pretty sure this gun was once used for other than home defense :shocked2: back in the 3o's or so!

Track of the Wolf use to sell double tangs for building shot guns, but they no longer list them in their catalogue.
Any idea who does sell the double breech plug/tang???
Have a great Day!
Fred

I'm sure it is fireable, I just don't want the wood to split, maybe I will shoot it at some point

Cynthialee said:
I think I might pee myself in that situation!
:haha:
No "thinking" about it...I'd be trembling in my own puddle of brake fluid! :wink: :rotf:

The sellers of Indian guns have a double barrel flintlock 62 caliber pistol. A seller on gunbroker chivalrous66 does a basic tune up and refinish of these. His email: [email protected]

Mine was bought from him, few months ago, he did another one later. Probably will do more. I paid $450.

The refinishing is excellent (it is done to make the gun look aged with patina, much better than the shiny white Indian metal finish and varnished wood). The tuning is only basic and there is only so much he can do I guess. It is not a quality tuned gun but it fires every time.

EDIT: LINK BELOW IS WHAT HE STARTS WITH.
http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/PDBF.SHTML

EDIT 2: I purchased this on gunbroker, buy it now price was $550, starting bid was $450 and shipping another $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back