• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does anybody know this guy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooddaytoya!

40 Cal
Reaction score
I was studying different ways to Brown my barrel, and I found what I would like to do on a YouTube vid. The guy calls himself Isaac Haines of Lancaster County (Pennsylvania), after the famous Isaac Haines of the 1700s. It might be a stage name for his video. He has a pretty strong German accent and I couldn't understand what he said when he named the products he was using. It's a rust browning system that comes in small bottles and is brushed on, allowed to rest for a short time, then steel wooled, then coat it again etc four more times with the last time being allowed to rust overnight. No special humidity setups. But I can't track down this product. The vid was called "Long rifle build Lancaster PT. 47 project browning". It's part of a series showing him build a fine muzzleloader. I'd really like to use that particular Browning system. Would anybody take the time to look up that video and try to figure out the name of that product? If it's illegal in the State of California, I'll have it sent to Reno Nevada which is about one and a half hours from me. Many thanks to anyone who dares to do this huge favor for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was studying different ways to Brown my barrel, and I found what I would like to do on a YouTube vid. The guy calls himself Isaac Haines of Lancaster County (Pennsylvania), after the famous Isaac Haines of the 1700s. It might be a stage name for his video. He has a pretty strong German accent and I couldn't understand what he said when he named the products he was using. It's a rust browning system that comes in small bottles and is brushed on, allowed to rest for a short time, then steel wooled, then coat it again etc four more times with the last time being allowed to rust overnight. No special humidity setups. But I can't track down this product. The vid was called "Long rifle build Lancaster PT. 47 project browning". It's part of a series showing him build a fine muzzleloader. I'd really like to use that particular Browning system. Would anybody take the time to look up that video and try to figure out the name of that product? If it's illegal in the State of California, I'll have it sent to Reno Nevada which is about one and a half hours from me. Many thanks to anyone who dares to do this huge favor for me.
Just google gun browning solutions; there's more than one. They often require heating the barrel with a torch, and can be easier to use than when you have to build a humidity tent, etc. Good luck! Check Brownell's or the muzzleloading dealers that put ads in Muzzle Blasts or Muzzleloader. I like the brown finish a lot.

Just google gun browning solutions; there's more than one. They often require heating the barrel with a torch, and can be easier to use than when you have to build a humidity tent, etc. Good luck! Check Brownell's or the muzzleloading dealers that put ads in Muzzle Blasts or Muzzleloader. I like the brown finish a lot.
I second this

LMF here, never used anything else, takes a lot of coats and some time but I get very good results. I broke the rear trigger trying to cold bend it a little, I put a scarf joint on the metal and used low temp solder to put it back together. I bought a new trigger but this works so well I may never get around to replacing my patched one.
trigger browned.JPG

I have found it easier to quit browning and just use cold blue. It eventually fades or wears off and looks nice.

Back