• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does anybody know of....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby52

32 Cal
Reaction score
Gentlemen, does anybody know of a manual or book or guide on flintlock maintenance/tips/tuning? I'm strictly a flintlock person and would like to be able to increase my knowledge of the lock works. I already have the book "Flintlocks, A Practical Guide..." by Eric Bye. Its a good reference guide, but would like know if there's anything else on the subject that I'm missing?

Try The Modern Musketeer.

From the ad:
Made on heavyweight linen-cotton paper and bound with linen thread, this 33-page booklet covers musket safety, care, operations, maintenance and some basic troubleshooting--all using tools and techniques compiled from over a dozen period military and sportsman manuals as well as archeological finds and reports. Twenty two hand drawn illustrations provide modern musketeers with visual references as well as clear explanations on how to use these original tools and equipment of the 18th century.

Also, I subscribe to MuzzleLoader magazine, it comes every other month so 6 a year but a better ML mag you cannot find. Amazing historical articles. Its very thick, well over 100 pages each mag. Worth the money.
If you like this sport you must subscribe.

1706457965320.jpeg

There was a paperback book called "The Black Powder Digest" and it carried a LOT of good information on the subject. I don't know if it is still being printed.

Latest posts

Back