• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do you wear glassed when shooting a flinter?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always wear glasses. i had a case head separation on a '03 springfield, peppered my glasses and face with brass flecks. God only gives you one set of eyeballs, don't flirt with disaster. just my opinion, but i do make my son wear 'em. if he wants to shoot he better have glasses. my father has one eye after being hit with a metal chip. scary riding in the car with a man with no depth perception. :shocked2:

I wear glasses at all times as I can see about 1-1/2" without them. When I wore contact lenses I wore shooting glasses. I keep several pairs of Sonic ear pistons around and wear them target shooting and plinking, but not hunting.

Exception used to be varmint hunting with fast centerfires, which is more like target shooting come to think of it.

I managed to richochet a 3/4" chicken-wire staple off the templepiece of my glasses and put a 3mm slice at 6:00 in my right pupil. Let me tell you that will make a believer out of you. My vision is back where it was (WHEW!) though I still have to put a syrupy goo in my eye at night because the new tissue kept adhering to the eyelid as I slept and when I opened my eye in the morning it was like taking a thumb punch in it. "Chronic Abrasive Syndrome" aka "Stars, tears and flowing snot!" Man!

I don't wear glasses, and never will. I don't go to "the range".

I only wear earplugs when shooting pistols or modern rifles. Black powder rifles don't bother me, so no earplugs.

The rules in our 'Schützengilde'are:
No glasses and ear protection : No Shoot
For target-shooting i need my glasses. :(
:hatsoff:

Back