• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie you will get it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for a ramrod tip from Backorder of the Wolf. Coming up on two
months now. I had some Lee mould handles on the same order which only took 4-5 weeks to get to me. The items they actually had in stock were shipped in a day or two. I doubt it is actually their fault as they can't get the products. Actual shipping time for the mold handles was only a few days, quite reasonable. I have an item on order from the Netherlands that have been in transit for two months and no idea when it will get here.
I just orderd 4 Ram Rod tips from TOTW. It was a week before TOTW shipped them and it took 3 weeks to get them? I know the USPS is getting bad again. For a few weeks it was pretty good? Not sure what the heck happened, but it started going downhill again about a month ago?
Two Feathers

Ordered a Pedersoli Harpers Ferry flintlock (.58 Cal) on 7 Feb. - in stock. Email said, "In Shipping" delivery was to be within a week... or so I supposed. Drooling out of both sides of my mouth, I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally sent an email on the 15th.. reply, behind 4 weeks on shipping orders. So, called and spoke to a very nice lady, "Sherry," who explained they were slammed with orders - and employees out sick... and it had started snowing. I asked it there was any way to upgrade my shipping. Yes! If I upgraded to UPS Second Day Air, my order would jump to the front of the queue WITH OTHER 2nd Day Air orders. So, on the 15th, for $26 add. Bucks, I did. BUT, it was only on the 3rd day, the 17th, that UPS picked up the package. Snow? It arrived today, 23rd. HAPPY CAMPER! Now, gotta strip it down, redo the wood to more like the original, take off the bluing (to be like the original), stain, refinish and shoot. Looking forward to the project. I'll post before and after pics when done. Pedersoli replica & Original :
20210223_220603_01.jpg
20210223_220603_01.jpg
Harper's_Ferry_Model_1805.jpg

Last edited:
I just orderd 4 Ram Rod tips from TOTW. It was a week before TOTW shipped them and it took 3 weeks to get them? I know the USPS is getting bad again. For a few weeks it was pretty good? Not sure what the heck happened, but it started going downhill again about a month ago?
Two Feathers
ROGER THAT.

Ordered a Pedersoli Harpers Ferry flintlock (.58 Cal) on 7 Feb. - in stock. Email said, "In Shipping" delivery was to be within a week... or so I supposed. Drooling out of both sides of my mouth, I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally sent an email on the 15th.. reply, behind 4 weeks on shipping orders. So, called and spoke to a very nice lady, "Sherry," who explained they were slammed with orders - and employees out sick... and it had started snowing. I asked it there was any way to upgrade my shipping. Yes! If I upgraded to UPS Second Day Air, my order would jump to the front of the queue WITH OTHER 2nd Day Air orders. So, on the 15th, for $26 add. Bucks, I did. BUT, it was only on the 3rd day, the 17th, that UPS picked up the package. Snow? It arrived today, 23rd. HAPPY CAMPER! Now, gotta strip it down, redo the wood to more like the original, take off the bluing (to be like the original), stain, refinish and shoot. Looking forward to the project. I'll post before and after pics when done. Pedersoli replica & Original :View attachment 65685View attachment 65685View attachment 65686
now that looks like an original. now how did you do it?

I did get the rifle but not as projected. They slipped the day on their (UPS) website. Had a real hard time contacting them by phone and in the end was cut-off. Finally got and email address. Fired off an email which was not answered until after the delivery. The responder wrote that he knew it was delivered so all should be good. I replied with a request about a refund for the 2nd day air ($40 and some change) that took two weeks. No response.

Also sent a couple of emails to Dixie asking about a postage refund, UPS will only refund to the sender. Not responses back from Dixie. Called and got the nice lady who said I don't have that authority and said she would transfer me.......eventually the line was cut-off. Wrote another message to Dixie using their contact form on the web. Asked again for a refund explaining they took my money they need to refund it. Them getting their money back from UPS is their issue, not mine. I should not be waiting for UPS to repay Dixie before I get repaid.

Recently returned a knife to Boker for a warranty repair. Got several conflicting emails from Boker stating: it was received, it was repaired and returned, it was not repairable, it was missing and they were investigating. All in that order. After two weeks I contacted them and they replied they were working with the German post office to make a settlement and then they would figure what to do about my knife. I told them that was their problem, they needed to replace my knife now. I had proof they received it, it was in their possession and they lost it. The German Post was their problem not mine. 2 days later I had a new replacement.

Latest posts

Back