• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie $. What am I missing?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I visited Dixie back in the 80s. Wow! What a cool place! Turner was there. I will never forget it.
I love their catalog. On some stuff you can get a good deal. I find that Track of the Wolf, overall, has better prices.
I sure wish that Dixie still had their Tennessee Mt Rifle!

trucker said:
my guess would be that when turner ran the show it was for his love of blackpowder now that he is gone and his sons are in charge it is for the love of money.
Although I'm sure it wasn't intended, that's actually a bit of an insult to Turner Kirkland. He was an excellent businessman who knew how to do something many other people failed at. I suspect he was motivated not solely by the love of blackpowder shooting but rather by creating an enterprise that involved something he enjoyed and knew a great deal about.

Many of us love blackpowder shooting. Very, very few of us enjoy risking our future on building a business out of it.

Being an hour and a half from DGW, I make the trip often. Yes their prices have gone up on all stock from Goex to their kits. It is worth the trip alone to see the one of a kind wall hangers like the eight foot long .36cal flintlock made in the early 1800's using the rolled and hammered barrel method. It is indeed a traditional shoother mecca.

Hello All

What is cool about DGW is they do offer 90 day layaway where other vendors do not!

Cheers,Rob :grin:

nkvd said:
Hello All

What is cool about DGW is they do offer 90 day layaway where other vendors do not!

Cheers,Rob :grin:
No kidding? I did NOT need to know that... :surrender: :grin:

Yes they are higher priced, but they have the stuff. Catalog is great and interesting read. I do however buy more things from other places due to their higher prices.

Back