• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

dixie philadelphia deringer cal.41 euromanufacture

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flibuste

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This italian replica was manufactured in 1978 by "Euromanufacture" which became later "Palmetto di mainardi". It was offered some years ago in the DGW catalogue as kit or finished product.

It is really very small as you can see on photo with spanish deringer and vest pocket.

00213.jpg
00311.jpg
002_210.jpg

any experience with shooting with it ?

The big spanish deringer cal45 is capable of punching the paper 25 meters away but what about the tiny cal41 ?

001_210.jpg

regards

That pistol sure is small compared to the larger "Derringer". I like the smaller one much better. I own one of those .45 cal pistols. They are pretty big and clunky for my taste.

Why would you shoot a Deringer at 25 meters? It's not what it was designed for.

The 41 caliber Deringer proved powerful enough to kill President Lincoln, although the doctors attending him helped the process along a little bit. That pistol is on display at the Ford's Theater Museum in D.C.

Your hitting paper at 25 meters !!! that is VERY good shooting ! I didn't know about your derringer (love the checkering) but it is one I'd like to have.
Nilo52 :hatsoff:

shooting at 10 meters special bullets : cal38 from LEE cap§ball with a bump on the top to swage them a bit.

There is less of an inch of bore in front of the bullet !!!!!!

00510.jpg

trent/OH said:
The 41 caliber Derringer proved powerful enough to kill President Lincoln, although the doctors attending him helped the process along a little bit. That pistol is on display at the Ford's Theater Museum in D.C.

Other sources also identify this weapon as .44 caliber.

Back