• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Displaying long-guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trond

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a fairly substantial collection of long-guns and have for years tried to find the most efficient and safest way of displaying them.

bibdisplay.jpg

Magnets! I managed to get hold of some very powerful magnets baked into rubber. The magnet holds 20 + kg on a round barrel and should even make the display "earth quake proof". I was a bit hesitant at first, as the barrels might become slightly magnetic. They don't!

Flintlocks and bolt-actions only allow about 10 long-guns on the meter. Percussion, Remington's etc. allow 14. The picture shows 10 per meter.

Trond

You certainlty have an unusual collection.Mostly
the breech loading underhammers...very special
indeed.

Things are different in different countries. Military percussion breech loaders are fairly common in Norway:

001.jpg

The Kongsberg VÃ¥penfabrikk's production of civilian versions (with iron instead of brass mountings) are somewhat more scarce:

002.jpg

And the Larsen produced ones - well, they are few and far between...

You find more about this at Norwegian Military Small-arms 1604-WW2

Trond

I got them from Magnetsfabriken in Sweden, but they were fairly expensive unless one orders at least 500. I ordered 150 the first time and they then cost about USD 6 each delivered in Norway. There probably at less expensive sources in the US.

I have read almost everything on your webpage, its really amazing to read and see all pics of your collection. I guess you probably live in a bunker complex by now...

Wow what a great collection and the magnets are a great idea as well. :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Back