• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Disaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acohill1

72 cal
Reaction score
Dropped her at the skeet range
IMG_20240417_171903.jpg
IMG_20240417_171844.jpg

I did that with my 20ga when I was a kid while cleaning.. put it on the counter and it fell off..

Turn a bar muzzle internal diameter.
Grind a flat so it goes in past the ding.
Drill a hole across the bar. Bar needs to be 6" long or so. Fit a bar through the hole.
Lubricate the mandrel and rotate with force. Clamp barrels down by the way.
Use a soft mallet to finish off with mandrel still in the muzzle.

Turn a bar muzzle internal diameter.
Grind a flat so it goes in past the ding.
Drill a hole across the bar. Bar needs to be 6" long or so. Fit a bar through the hole.
Lubricate the mandrel and rotate with force. Clamp barrels down by the way.
Use a soft mallet to finish off with mandrel still in the muzzle.
thats the normal procedure with a dent at the muzzle, and i know you know what you are doing, but can't help myself , got to give a word of caution. be sure the barrels are secured before rotating with force. i have seen barrels separate from each other with this process.
i read the lead and thought i was going to see a break through the wrist. hate when that happens.

Back