• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I saved a plank

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All.
Here is the story, last Thursday I got a call from a club member that another club member dropped off some stuff he wouldn't be using anymore and did I want the items. I said yes as I knew the new members of the club would just think the wood was for the fireplace. Yesterday at the skeet range my buddy brought the wood and a tin of more than a dozen English flints. The blank is 67" long and 2-1/2" thick.
What do you fellows think of this plank for a build?
IMG_0226.JPG

Your crazy if you don't use it. Looks like a CM4 or possibly a CM5. Only see one small area at the muzzle area that doesn't have curl.

Hello All.
Here is the story, last Thursday I got a call from a club member that another club member dropped off some stuff he wouldn't be using anymore and did I want the items. I said yes as I knew the new members of the club would just think the wood was for the fireplace. Yesterday at the skeet range my buddy brought the wood and a tin of more than a dozen English flints. The blank is 67" long and 2-1/2" thick.
View attachment 306760
It looks like 👍🏻 Tis got some serious fugue. The size seems correct. Maybe a southern mountain

Hello All.
View attachment 306760
And save the off cuts.

An un-checked un-warped fancy maple blank that clear and uniform with curl like that would easily bring a min of $300 around here. Heck, the sky's the limit. Need one like it for my next project:

plan.jpg

Last edited:
this blank is slowly morphing into a Issac Haines Lancaster county Long rifle.
when it it at a recognizable point i will post pictures.
the barrel is enjoying a extended tour via USPS so I am working on a Kibler Colonial.
feels like i am cheating not starting with a plank. fine kit. first kit.

Latest posts

Back