• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did some cooking today ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessmuck56

40 Cal.
Reaction score
C4E56CAF-D666-4546-A495-6D1181A77F49.jpeg
Making up my first Evah batch of Charred Punk wood. Been a char cloth guy for ovah 35 years. It came out great...and takes a spark like crazy ! All set now for campfires for the season.

Works great doesn't it ?

Do like I do and collect a bucket or bushel full of punkwood and store it in the shed for later. sometimes good dry punkwood is hard to find.
I also collect fatwood, birch bark etc.

Spongy is what you want. when harvesting from a tree I take only what I can pinch off with my fingers.

Next you'll be making your own charcoal.:D

Nah, it's an 18th century thing.
Actually it goes back as far as the Roman empire or farther.

Broiler_MORR4542.jpg

I like mine..., it's great for keeping the coffee hot when you don't want to keep tending the fire. I like to use a bag of "cowboy" charcoal to fuel it. I've seen folks with roof vents use them inside tents..., but I'm not going to risk the CO poisoning, myself.

LD

Back