• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dickert progress report....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to use the corner between the left side virticle barrel flat and the upper oblique flat as a guige for the top of the side plate pannel. Trim the top of the side plate pannel down until it forms a continuous line with the line or corner formed from the intersection of these two flats. I think it helps the "flow" and it reduces any abrupt changes in this area.

She will definate be a nice looking gun when you are done with her. Keep up the good work.

LSU TIGER said:
Nice Jaeger, Rich.
HPIM0768.jpg
Nice gun yerself. The project I'm working on is a close relative of the rifle #40 in Rifles of Colonial America (RCA) by Shumway. .58 Getz, 39", custom flintlock with Chambers internals and a bridle-less pan. Fun project as I made the buttplate myself and had to alter an existing guard quite a bit.

(back to topic)
The suggestions and responses on the rifle that is the subject of this thread are about the best one can get. This is how good advice should be sought and given and received.

Well were getting it slimmed down. Worked on lock panels and comb and rounded out the forestock areas, hope it meets with approval. Going to take a break for awhile and get the boat ready for the comming charter season. When the stain gets here were gonna think about finishing her. The pictures you guys posted were GREAT :bow:

Gary
100_0524.jpg
[/img]

100_0523.jpg

100_0522.jpg
[/img]

100_0521.jpg
[/img]

100_0520.jpg
[/img]

100_0519.jpg
[/img]

Well I'll be dogged! Iffen Ah didn't no better, Ah wood think ole Jake Dikert war a buildin anothar gun!! :grin:

That, my friend is looking 1000 percent better! :)

In case you don't have Shumways ROC Vol I, I'll have to tell you that that looks very much like rifle #67 (give or take a few little things like the side plate style). You did say you wanted a Dickert didn't you?

Now, the only thing I don't understand is how you could tear yourself away from such a nice looking gun to go and work on an old boat! :hmm: :)

Very nice work Captgary. I hope my first rifle comes out as nice as yours. An inspiration for the rest of us new builders. I hope she shoots as good as she looks.
Gene

Latest posts

Back