• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED destroyed stock wanted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is probably going to be a strange question but does anyone have a badly broken/drastically cut short early American musket stock? I have a 1817 Virginia Manufactory musket that was broken at the wrist just past the lock and the butt was lost somewhere along the way. I understand those are most similar to the unofficial 1812 pattern musket but really I would be happy to find anything similar to splice onto the existing and have a complete musket. It's drastically cut down but that is a future project after I repair the butt. I may stretch the wood to the end and make it a canoe gun with the front band, or stretch the barrel full length since there is plenty of meat left at the end of the barrel for welding another piece.

Attachments

• IMG_7269.jpg
    IMG_7269.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7262.jpg
    IMG_7262.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
You should check ebay there's a guy that has alot of vintage musket stocks and barrels its worth talking a look

Thats a tough one but I had one as bad & found a long scarfe join got me out of it ,Good luck with it Regards Rudyard .PS if youve the guard & a B plate to suit no reason can''t be saved . R

Thats a tough one but I had one as bad & found a long scarfe join got me out of it ,Good luck with it Regards Rudyard .PS if youve the guard & a B plate to suit no reason can''t be saved . R
I wasn't familiar with a scarf joint but I'm grateful for the suggestion after a quick google search. I think that's just the thing for it
Back action, small caliber, maybe too thin in the wrist. Your welcome to it for the cost of shipping if you think it will help.

View attachment 205357

View attachment 205358
That's very kind of you. What does the trigger guard area look like? I'm worried about it working as the drop is very different in this one.

I wasn't familiar with a scarf joint but I'm grateful for the suggestion after a quick google search. I think that's just the thing for it

That's very kind of you. What does the trigger guard area look like? I'm worried about it working as the drop is very different in this one.
I'll send you some pictures

Here's the maple stock we talked about last week

Attachments

• 20230315_145406.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
@Flintlock1640

Since it looks very very similar to period Springfield designs, why not expand your search to include those stocks?
https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/ItemImages/000507/21110161_3_lg.jpeg
After all, splicing as "close enough" piece is something that would have been done in the times of desperation circa 1861.
I'm pretty much searching for any beater I can find model 1822 or older so it's similar enough to make work. I'm just hoping to find one pretty far gone. I hate to destroy something nicer than what I have. I don't have the trigger guard and I need the butt plate but if I can find a broken-off stock, hopefully without a lock I would love to get this one going.

I'm pretty much searching for any beater I can find model 1822 or older so it's similar enough to make work. I'm just hoping to find one pretty far gone. I hate to destroy something nicer than what I have. I don't have the trigger guard and I need the butt plate but if I can find a broken-off stock, hopefully without a lock I would love to get this one going.
You might check Ebay I've seen a few on there

Latest posts

Back