• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Delete

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here's a nice setup for somebody that wants to hunt. I bought this gun brand new from Dixie Gun Works about a year or two ago and have given it a little bit of use. The bore is clean. The lock sparks very well. I made a removable rear ghost ring sight that puts me spot-on at 50 yards. I cut a notch in the stock behind the tang to help index the rear sight. I had to file the front sight down pretty far to get it to shoot where I'm looking. But with the rear sight, it's accurate and without, I've been able to bust some clays and even take a dove out of the air. It saw some use this past turkey season and I took a nice gobbler. I'm including the brushes, jags, flints, wads, cards & a .600 casting mould. This is a great setup for somebody looking to add a trade gun to their tool chest.

However, I decided that this trade gun just isn't for me. I plan to pick up a percussion shotgun for my scattergun needs and am using the proceeds from this sale to fund that purchase. I paid about $1400 for the gun new. With the added accoutrements, I'm asking $900 + shipping -- a good deal for what is essentially a fairly brand new gun.

Acceptable payment methods are:
Venmo
ACH
Wire transfer
Cashier's check on a well-known, national bank
Money Order

Pictures to follow.
IMG_8492.jpeg
IMG_8488.jpegIMG_8484.jpegIMG_8482.jpegIMG_8485.jpegIMG_8481.jpegIMG_8480.jpegIMG_8479.jpegIMG_8478.jpegIMG_8477.jpeg

Last edited:
And here’s a video of my shooting it at a gong out at about 75 yards. Ignition isn’t as fast as many good custom guns. But it’s not bad & tends to be more reliable than my Pedersoli Kentucky. This shot was faster than normal (which is why I actually hit the gong this time). But it’s not that much slower most of the time. I’m just twitchy & flinchy still.

Attachments

• IMG_7738.mov
    8.4 MB
And here’s a video of my shooting it at a gong out at about 75 yards. Ignition isn’t as fast as many good custom guns. But it’s not bad & tends to be more reliable than my Pedersoli Kentucky. This shot was faster than normal (which is why I actually hit the gong this time). But it’s not that much slower most of the time. I’m just twitchy & flinchy still.
Is the rifle still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back