• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dear Thompson Center,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetrash078

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Dear Thompson Center,

Please bring back the PA Hunter and or New Englander. Us working blokes need a well made affordable muzzleloader that is made in the United States. The current :barf: you are selling are both ugly and have no class (except the Hawken). I am sure if you re-introduced one of these fine arms, even if in limited numbers, you would find plenty of buyers.

Plainsman

I shot a New Englander for the first time, about a month ago, at a hunting and fishing expo. I liked it, neat little rifle. I had no idea they were discontinued. Bill

Hey, I thought that TC was now owned (and directed) by Smith & Wesson. Could S&W be directing a change in the product line? Also, Remington was recently bought by a different company whose name I can not spell -- or pronounce. But, I don't think it is a French owned concern. :v

I know it is just wishful thinking to think it will matter but, I am seriously thinking about writing T/C and asking them to bring back at least the PA Hunter for the traditional crowd. It was a flintlock rifle with a 1-66 twist barrel. The barrel was also half octagon, half round. You know, just a really decent looking rifle. You know the type, blued steel and a walnut stock not the manure they are trying to sell now. :barf: :shake: :(

Don't just think about writing to TC, do it. Requests let them know that there is interest and that if they tune up their line, they might sell more guns. Otherwise they will just rely on sales numbers to make decisions about what stays and what goes.

All the various models of TC's original line of sidelock muzzleloaders were dropped out of production a few years ago except for the Hawken and Renegade...the only ones from their original line of MLs that they continue to make and advertise in their catalog are the Renegade and Hawken.

And as the Hawken is TC's flagship model, if we see the Hawken drop out of their catalog, my guess is that would signal the end of TCs involvement in 'traditional' styled muzzleloaders

Let's all start writing some letters...it's never been easier in our lifetime than it is today to compose and send an Email...

Roundball,
Why not post up their email address and maybe everyone that reads this post will have extra incentive to send in a letter.

I agree with you. They are not going to know what the shooting commumnity wants unless we tell them. Companies should only trust their marketing surveys so far.

I used [email protected] to deal with TC's Service Manager in the past...you could make an opening comment requesting that your Email be forwarded to TC's President's office

I would love to see them bring back the smaller caliber rifles. The .32 and .36 small game rifles seemed to be great. I would also like to see the Hawken with the 1" barrel. I dont care for the traditional rifle they made with the rubber butt pad though.
Rob

I have a New Englander with a .50 cal barrel and a 12 gauge barrel that my wife bought for me years ago. I don't use the 50 cal much, but I loan it out every muzzleloader season.The 12 gauge is my favorite rabbit gun and also sees use on pheasants--it is one of the most fun guns I own.

Don't mind paying for quality if its got quality.Sure would like a complete set of Seneca's flint in 32,36,40,and 45!

They told me that the reason T/C knocked off making "Traditional style" is that their Wood Stock part of the bussiness burnt down.Sounds kinda like a poor excuse to me.I sent an email.Can't hurt I suppose.

Back