• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

daisy patches?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New idea for old game. People are always trying something new like "super lube", "Magic cleaner" etc. When all that is needed is the old standards. I have seen them, but don't see where they would be any improvement over the old patches. :idunno:

I use round patches for round barrels and octagon patches for octagon barrels. The "daisy" patches should work well if you carefully cut them to match the land and groove pattern and size of each given barrel. :stir: :wink:

Brokennock said:
Seems here was just a thread on these a few months ago. The daisy patch seems like trying to reinvent th wheel.

I remember it too. Someone I believe was going to get back with us on performance but didn't. Got basically the same replies, we are getting now.

I'm not sure what problem they solve, I'll stick to my regular patches.

I have never used them but I think they are just another "jim crack" to solve a problem that doesn't exist. One problem they will solve is that they will make your wallet a bit more comfortable to carry by flattening it a bit. :haha:

If I recall the source correctly there was a write-up on them in Muzzleloader mag a couple of issues back. Positive results reported.

John at October Country INc. is making them commercially for the high end shooter who wants to eliminate one more variable; wrinkes around patched round balls when loaded. They don't really appeal to me because I am simple musket trash but a guy trying to get that tiny bit smaller group in competition might appreciate the advantage.

They are a solution to solve only one's perception.

I know of no scientific analysis of them that has been either repeated or peer reviewed.

And since the inventor has not provided any such data, I must conclude that they were not invented for performance, but rather are merely a capital endeavor.

colorado clyde said:
They are a solution to solve only one's perception.

I know of no scientific analysis of them that has been either repeated or peer reviewed.

And since the inventor has not provided any such data, I must conclude that they were not invented for performance, but rather are merely a capital endeavor.

My idea also. Just a placebo.

Just from reading on this site alone, one will discover that there are a myriad of patch, lube, and wadding combinations that people use to achieve their satisfactory level of accuracy.

There are no "magic bullets"

Back