• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Kentuck Flintock Pistol project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlintlockJonny

36 Cal.
Reaction score
HI guys...i just finished...or I should say, in the stages of completion, as any build is never "finished" my cva kentucky flintlock pistol. I bought this a few days ago at a used gun shop for 50 bucks in piss poor shape and took it apart and cleaned it up. I guess this one is from the late '70's It shoots awesome...i thought flintlock rifles were fun....these are great! Hope you enjoy. Also while i was cleaning i scrubbed the finish right off the lock, any suggestions on what to do with it?
p.s. hope you enjoy the photos on my couch!

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

FlintlockJohnny,
Nice pictures. You have to lay the gonne somewhere to photo it, don't you? As for the lock, let it as it now is. It looks good, just a little patina. It will gain more as you fire it and clean. Enjoy shooting it.
God bless.
volatpluvia

i guess i should have been a little more descriptive about what i did....sanded the wood down, restained and polyed. re blued the barrel, cleaned all the brass. those do it yourself blu kits work great. and i might add....the ramrod survived a trip down the shooting range. oops....

Looks great!
I wouldn't touch the lock.
I would leave it be.
how far off the paper was the ram rod :rotf:
I did that last year with My rifle The ram rod hit a rock and ended up in about ten pieces.

Keepem Smokin
Freeonthree

Back