• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva Hawken Premier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My plan is to get the 54 cal barrel on it, blacken the brass and drag it through the woods for the next 30 years. It’s a nice rifle but it’s still a cva. I’m just going to enjoy it. Im not a 50 cal guy and I also really appreciate the weight reduction going to the 54 cal barrel. The 50 cal barrel has chatter marks in the rifling anyways, I have come across quite a few cva barrels that look like this. It didn’t bother me because I only wanted the stock and lock.

My plan is to get the 54 cal barrel on it, blacken the brass and drag it through the woods for the next 30 years. It’s a nice rifle but it’s still a cva. I’m just going to enjoy it. Im not a 50 cal guy and I also really appreciate the weight reduction going to the 54 cal barrel. The 50 cal barrel has chatter marks in the rifling anyways, I have come across quite a few cva barrels that look like this. It didn’t bother me because I only wanted the stock and lock.
Lol still a cva that will fetch a lot of $$$ if that's a real walnut stock.

It has a 15/16 50 cal barrel and it’s currently being fitted for a 54 cal barrel. So the barrel is not pictured. I’m planning on blackening the brass as well. It’s actually a decently fitted gun for a cva. After I get it the way I like it, I hope it will be a nice rifle.View attachment 231848View attachment 231842View attachment 231843View attachment 231844View attachment 231845View attachment 231845View attachment 231846

It has a 15/16 50 cal barrel and it’s currently being fitted for a 54 cal barrel. So the barrel is not pictured. I’m planning on blackening the brass as well. It’s actually a decently fitted gun for a cva. After I get it the way I like it, I hope it will be a nice rifle.View attachment 231848View attachment 231842View attachment 231843View attachment 231844View attachment 231845View attachment 231845View attachment 231846View attachment 231847
Here is a picture of the darkened brass patchbox on the Hawken I'm working on now. I used Birchwood Casey Brass Black. I didn't take it too dark because I just wanted it to look really aged.

Attachments

• IMG_20230629_123844760.jpg
    IMG_20230629_123844760.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I bet you could part out that CVA Premier on e-bay and make a fortune on it.
OK, just ribbing you a bit.
Beautiful rifle. SW
I’m going to poke holes in deer with it. I will part ways with the 50 cal barrel at some point. It will help recover funds for the project

I recently picked up another CVA Hawken and the with the original box. It’s called a Hawken Premier. It’s not something I’ve seen before so I thought I’d share. It has way above average wood with curl in walnut. I’m not sure how many are out there but it’s definitely something to keep an eye out for.

I am a fan of U.S. made CVA's and own a few but have never heard or seen one so fine looking. You done good my friend.

Back