• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLYBYU44

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have the oportunity to buy a CVA flintlock .50 CAL for $200.00 Canadian (About the same with your money right now) and I was wondering if this was a good deal or not. Thanks for any info.

I would say, no.If it was a St.Louis Hawken it might be an OK deal.If you do a little looking a T/C Hawken can be bought for around $250.00 and it comes with a lifetime guarantee . I don`t think CVA stands behind their guarantee on sidelock guns anymore??

I would say no. Thunder Ridge is selling that little rifle new for $172.89. [url] http://www.thunder-ridge-muzzleloading.com/cva_rifle revised.htm[/url]

I like the CVA rifles. They seem to be very accurate. However, a friend of mine has one of the Plainsman rifles and the trigger pull on it is terrible. I think you would have to measure the pull in pounds instead of ounces.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats to much. $100 shipped would be an ok deal.

I bought a brand new cva big bore mountain rifle in .54 and flintlock for $175 shipped.

Also bought a brand new Deer creek northwest rifle kit for $175 shipped.

$100 offer would be a kind offer but IMO, even that would be a little to much.

It all depends on how bad you want it. It may not be worth $100 to someone else, but in your eyes, Is it worth it?

Thanks for the advice guys, I did say to the guy that I couldn't take it. Apparently "we" don't have money for that type of thing right now. :) Anyway I will look around and find something when I have my finances in order. Thanks for all the replies, yeah $176 for a new one, $200 does seem a little high, Thanks again

Kentuckywindage said:
I bought a brand new cva big bore mountain rifle in .54 and flintlock for $175 shipped.

Also bought a brand new Deer creek northwest rifle kit for $175 shipped.

Wow--where, if we may ask?

Incidentally, Deer Creek had some pretty good deals in their catalogue, including a $159 Plainsman, a few months ago, at least. It had a picture of a deer superimposed on an outline of the Commonwealth of Connecticut laser-engraved on the stock, but they did have such a gun, for what it's worth.

Hey, Leadslinger, where are you finding a TC Hawken for $250.00? I might be interested in a deal like that.

Thanks.
Outdoorman

I just picked up a CVA Hawken, real nice shooter for $65.00. just to to give you some Idea of what gem you might find if you wait!

I got one of those about a 1/2 yr ago for somewhat less didnt know what state that was.. had to work out some of the hammer/flint things since it was my first flint out of close to 30 something BP rifles since 1971 and I love it, its a toss up of my UHs or it anytime I go outside to shoot, really are fun those flintlocks, maybe as much or more than my underhammers. :hmm: Fred :hatsoff: for 159 now Id think id buy one again at that price knowing what I do now!

Here in Pa. that is what they are going for. Have seen several on different Websites. I sold one last year for $250.00 to a Handicapped young guy, was one of the best shootin` Flinter I had!!!

Back