• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA-Derringer “Sight Hole”

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duc

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a hole just between lane & groove 5/16” from the crown, is this problematic?
.45 1-16

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0258.jpeg
    IMG_0258.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
You can probably put a dab of epoxy into the hole and press the front sight into it. Let it cure then clean up any epoxy that might have expanded into the bore. Or, shove a cork or something into the bore, then epoxy the sight. Let it cure and remove the cork and clean up what’s needed.

Are we still talking about a Philadelphia style Lincoln derringer? And you are looking for what? Some sort of MOA accuracy? Ever hear of a "belly gun" ?
Most gun fights occur at ranges where you could gripe about your opponents BO and bad breath. Much more importantly things escalate and turn South fast. Having some idea that you are in a sxxt storm before the wind starts is your best bet. The 3 most important things for your survival are: 1 Situational awareness. 2 Situational awareness. 3. Situational awareness.

Last edited:
You can probably put a dab of epoxy into the hole and press the front sight into it. Let it cure then clean up any epoxy that might have expanded into the bore. Or, shove a cork or something into the bore, then epoxy the sight. Let it cure and remove the cork and clean up what’s needed.
Seems everyone keeps missing the fact that the “sight”, which is pointless by the way, is already pinned & soldered.
Accuracy? lol! It’s designed for approximately 2ft….

Are we still talking about a Philadelphia style Lincoln derringer? And you are looking for what? Some sort of MOA accuracy? Ever hear of a "belly gun" ?
Most gun fights occur at ranges where you could gripe about your opponents BO and bad breath. Much more importantly things escalate and turn South fast. Having some idea that you are in a sxxt storm before the wind starts is your best bet. The 3 most important things for your survival are: 1 Situational awareness. 2 Situational awareness. 3. Situational awareness.
Well, the “kit” was a challenge for me as it is ridiculously cheap and misaligned.
I love a difficult project and nothing fit together at all. After getting the inlays and metal mated, I wanted to simply fire it, safely.
(Seriously, a rock would be more protection! Lol)
But, it’s fun, a toy is all

I think Mr. Lincoln would differ on that opinion...,

OK so the ones that dispatched him were in .54, but it was a head-shot... I doubt the .45 would fail at the same distance in that theater box in Ford's Theater...
I think Mr. Lincoln would differ on that opinion...,

OK so the ones that dispatched him were in .54, but it was a head-shot... I doubt the .45 would fail at the same distance in that theater box in Ford's Theater...

LD
From the experience I had prior with the same CVA .45 be lucky if it penetrates a cardboard box.

Ok,
well, enough said on the possibility of firing this gun.
Secondly, would never even attempt to use it for an assassination even if it could fire
Henry Deringer would roll in his grave…

Thank you all

Well, the “kit” was a challenge for me as it is ridiculously cheap and misaligned.
I love a difficult project and nothing fit together at all. After getting the inlays and metal mated, I wanted to simply fire it, safely.
(Seriously, a rock would be more protection! Lol)
But, it’s fun, a toy is all
I have one of those that I was given about 40 years ago. It will shoot at reasonable distances for what it is. It will hit a coffee can at 40 feet with a patched round ball (.440) over 25 grains of fffg, Goex. Have fun with it.
Old Shepherd

Back