• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA .36 muzzle loader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSquire

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a muzzleloading percussion rifle, .36 calibre with a good barrel, shoots well, but it has a green plastic stock. I am not a woodworker and don't have the tools/skills, but does anyone know if a wooden stock is available for this rifle? I think it is a 'Bobcat'.

The CVA Woodsmen and the Frontier are the same only in wood.
A call to Deer Creek 765-525-6181 will confirm and he may have some stocks available. You can always watch ebay ofr'm too they come up every now-n-then.

Thats great! Thanks for that, much appreciated. Does anyone else own one of these? Whats the verdict on them?

I own one. Haven't shot it much. Being a small bore cleaning can be more work. I shoot 3f triple seven out of it to make swabbing and cleaning less of a chore. Its accurate out to 30 yards with round ball and 50 grains of 777. Haven't tested it beyond 30 yards simply because I figure I won't be shooting squirrels beyond that point. I have not played with it enough to get a good grasp on its accuracy potential yet.

Don

Do Deer Creek have a website that I can contact them from as I don't fancy the call charges from the UK much!

No, Deer Creek does not have a web site, unfortunately. :(
Really a nice couple that owns and operates it and is very pleasant to deal with over the phone.
I understand the international calling charges, maybe there is a calling card out there that allows for cheaper calls???

Yep, sounds like a Bobcat and your only luck for a factgory wood stock for it will probably be Deer Creek, or catching one being parted out on FleaBay.

Maybe 2-3 years ago or so WalMut was closing them out, and there were quite a few posts by folks who bought them for well under $50. Remember one gent who made his own stock to replace the plastic and posted pictures. It looked great and was miles above the wood stocks CVA put on some of the Bobcats.

My only CVA 32's and a 36 were mid 80's Squirrel rifles. The hardwood stocks were nothing to write home about other than they were functional. Plastic stocks on firearms similar to traditional types don't belong (nor on any firearm IMO). Might be OK on the ones made by Mattel though. :wink:

WA

Did CVA go totally inline? I realize that they and Traditions merged, or one bought the other out or whatever.

Latest posts

Back