• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA 32cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Afternoon Gents-Just made a swap deal for a CVA 32cal squirrel rifle. Double set triggers, half stock ,has barrel underlug with 2 brass pipes in excellent condition.Havent actually seen the rifle (only photos) but from a very reputable and trusted dealer here in Australia. Has adjustable non traditional style rear sights- does anyone know if these are screwed on or dovetailed somehow? what can you boys tell me about these little CVA squirrel rifles (only potential problem that I can see is that we don't have no squrrrrls here in OZ :shocked2: :redface: :grin:) Have a .32 crocket which I really like--cheers zodd

I have one. Nice shooting little rifle. The rear sight is dovetailed and screwed, if that makes any sense. What I`m trying to say is the sight is screwed onto a base that fits into a dovetail in the top barrel flat.
I replaced the original sights on mine with a more traditional styled elevation adjustable rear sight that came off of a Traditions Trapper pistol. That sight uses the same mounting setup and the base fits the CVA dovetail. I replaced the post and bead front sight with a silver blade.

i wish i could tell you how mine shoots but ive had it for two years and have never shot it. actually i was going to today but it was raining this morning and i didnt go hunting.
but anyway, the only thing you might not like (depending on your size and how you hold it) is the drop on the stock. i have to hold my head way back to get my eye low enough to line up the sights.

I bought one from a forum member here a few years ago. What a nice rifle it is.
I know it is designed to be a round ball gun but I have tried .32 Maxis in it and the Squirrel rifle loves them.

Had one a long time ago. Was a tack driver fr sure.
Wished that I had kept it. I have a T.C. 32 Cal. Seneca that shoots as good as my Old CVA 32 cal.

yep Rifleman plenty of bunnies, tho in some areas mixamotosis (an introduced disease used to control their numbers)has really thinned them out.There is afew on my bush block but what is interesting is that at night we have large numbers of hares (hares are like larger lankier rabbits)come out (hmmm night muzzleloader hunting)The hares dont dig warrens (underground nests) but hide in grass tussocks.Might be similar to your jackrabbit?? The greeks here just love cooked hare and have some pretty tasty recipies--cheers zodd

I picked up a CVA Squirrel rifle in .32 cal for my daughter a year or so ago. It had one of those modern sights on it. It needed some work and I bought the parts from Deer Creek without problem but I had not yet sighted in the rifle when my daughter used it at a rendezvous. She shoots well but we couldn't get the sights adjusted so that she was shooting on paper. After figuring out that the rear sight had both screws and a dovetail, a friend in another camp gave me an old traditional sight that he made. The rifle is a tack driver now. For an adult, you'll find it to be a fast swinging gun just right for bunnies. As light as it is, it's still a little heavy for my rather tiny daughter but she does just great shooting from crossed sticks.

Back