• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cigars

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up smoking over 40 years ago. I used to smoke cigars. Now days the tobacco shops are not as plentiful as they used to be but I occasionally will pass one in a mall and I still love the smell of the tobacco. If they will let me, I will occasionally go into the humidor room and just take a few sniffs. I have absolutely no urge to light one up, but I do love the smell of the cigars and the pipe tobacco....un-lit, of course. Now that I no longer smoke, the smell of burning tobacco is very offensive. :idunno: But to those who enjoy it, I say go ahead and light up but just not next to me.

Get you one of those single size crock pots and fill with water. Put a steel or ceramic bowl in to float in it, Add your pipe tobacco and set on low. You will enjoy the smell without smoking.

tenngun said:
Get you one of those single size crock pots and fill with water. Put a steel or ceramic bowl in to float in it, Add your pipe tobacco and set on low. You will enjoy the smell without smoking.
Gee, like smelling a skunk without getting sprayed. :rotf:

No, I'd say it was more like enjoying the smell of a woman's perfume without wearing it yourself.

Billnpatti said:
No, I'd say it was more like enjoying the smell of a woman's perfume without wearing it yourself.
And who doesn't love Channel's "Burning Weeds" cologne? :rotf:

Jack Wilson said:
tenngun said:
Gee, like smelling a skunk without getting sprayed. :rotf:
I smoke an English blend, using a tobacco called Latikia. That was first grown in Latikia Syria. It was curred by smoking it over dry camel dung. It has a taste that's chocolot and black pepper. How ever one smell or tasting my blend might be reminded of the scean in 'The Mountian Men' were one old boy complains that the kinninkanic taste like buffalo s...droppings... and the Indian says it is.
Any way I like the smell. :shocked2: :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so sure -- my Dad tried curing tobacco once like that and we had to leave the house it smelled so bad.

And ever drop a cigar butt, maybe cut up as I do, in a toilet and leave it there to fall apart before flushing, later seeing what it does to the water, and note the smell!? It could put you off your feed if not cigars going forward when you realize how potent those things you're puffin' on really are.

I used to mail order an English blend from a place in Ohio that was similar to the one that you mentioned. Then, I found that I could have it blended in a local tobacco shop for less money. After examining my mail order tobacco, he came up with a very close copy by using toasted Cavendish and "seasoning" it with about 15% latakia and 5 to 10% perique. It smoked wonderfully with no "juice" or dottle in the bowl or stem. But while it was quite enjoyable to the smoker, the folks around me thought it was pretty smelly. I can tell you that it was no perfumey Bowl-O-Roses. But, as I told them, I am smoking for my enjoyment, not theirs.

Oh, Alden! :doh: I don't smoke any more but when I did, I never put my cigar butts in the commode because it made them too hard to re-light. :haha:

Back