• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christmas in June

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Along with the rifle from Roy, I received some other great stuff in June. In the pictures is the rifle, my new linen tailcoat, a powder horn by Scobrien and a powder charger from the same.

Got a close-up picture of Roy's scroll work on the patchbox. I'll be taking "Fearnaught" to the range tomorrow morning.

The horn will be paired with the rifle.

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

Today was a good day.
IMG_4697.jpg

Swampy said:
Nice glad you finally got it! :thumbsup:

I had to knock down some more walls today to find the rifle. My mail carrier dropped it off at my local UPS Store for some reason on Friday. I spent an hour at the Post Office trying to figure out where it ended up. As usual, the first person you talk to doesn't have a clue. It's always the second person to help you that has all the answers. I almost hugged her.

Glad you recieved it in perfect condition :hatsoff: . Your rifle goes along with your outfit like mashed potates and gravy!!!.

armakiller said:
Glad you recieved it in perfect condition :hatsoff: . Your rifle goes along with your outfit like mashed potates and gravy!!!.

My wife took the pictures. I thought the same thing about the rifle. It deffinitely, "fits".

Guess when Roy put the label on he glued it upside down.... :rotf: :rotf:

And wrote 'Frageelee' on it??? (fragile) :doh:

Great job Roy and Trench, looking mighty fine. Now to get your wife in that dress?!?!?!? (that may take some doin') :haha:

See you and the rifle soon Mate!!

Cheers, DonK

It's coming. :wink: I just had my first session on Sunday. The rifle was shooting a foot high at 50 yards. I filed the rear sight down quite a bit.

It was a breezy day, but I got a 2.11 in group with a 60gr charge at 50yds. Now that it'll most likely shoot on paper, I'll do some serious load work-up next time out.

Back