Charlie Hahn tubes

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Captndan

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I would like to know what the members think about using Charlie Hahn's tubes in a muzzle loader.

LRB

75 Cal.
Reaction score
What are you calling a tube? A barrel?

Captndan

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Since you're not familiar with Hahn's prodects a breif primer. A tube is a white paper cylinder. Available in various calibers and length. Used to hold powder and ball or bullet. Very helpful when loading ahead of time. In the off season they could be stuck in the ground to grow miniature roses. Hope this helps.

Russ T Frizzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Charlie's tubes are generally used in paper cartridge Sharps rifles. I don't of anyone who uses them in a muzzleloader.

hawkeye2

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Charlie's tubes are cylindrical cardboard, not paper, open on both ends and intended for use in Sharps. They are intended to rupture in the larger breech when fired and exit the muzzle. I doubt they would work very well in a muzzleloader if at all.

hawkeye2

58 Cal.
Reaction score
They only come in one diameter, .47" inside, don't know the OD, and various lengths. With the bottom sealed I doubt a percussion cap would burn through the cardboard tube. There are much better solutions for what you want.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
just the best none better! I have ordered them for both of my SHARP'S an IITALIAN and an original, and as stated none better. just send him the legenth of chamber & you are good to go!