• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charleville

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention. Another poster mentioned the history of the 1777 Charleville. During the American Revolution, the only known uses of that model were a coupl of Companies of Rochambeau's Troops at Yorktown. The 77 does qualify as a Revolutionary War Weapon, but with a tiny window of use. The 1766 was used in vast numbers in most theaters of that war.

Yancey

Wear white with red facings or powder blue with gold. All white small clothes.

The white regimental looks sharp with the bear skin hats. Those hats can be purchased through Russia for about $600. They are not really bear, but a kind of goat. Yeah, I would look for a cheaper kit too...

The powder blue used the cocked hat of the French pattern. (Okay, I was trying to not say bi-corn.)
Several variants of the white also used that hat, but you need to study which unit served where so you do not get mixed up. On the other hand several only varied the cuff color, so conversion is not all that hard between some groups.

One thing to consider if you have never shot a reproduction military musket, they all have military trigger pulls, It would be a good idea to shoot someone else's Charleyville before buying one. I agree with the comments on Indian made muskets. I have owned several and they are manure.

I am about to find out: I have an Indian-made 1777 Charleville that I'm going to shoot some year. Then I'm going to give to Fort Ross, which originally had 1777's thanks to Napoleon's troops dropping them all over Russia.

Back