• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penny,
Just bought a Mark Silver Virginia. 60 cal Getz barrel. Barbie has a new business called Buckeye Barrels. She sell Longhammock, Getz and I believe Rice barrels as well.
Are ou thinking of building your own this time?? :hmm:

They use them when they can get them . Chambers demand for barrels exceeds Getz ability to supply them.

Penny,

Chambers has never ( up till now) supplied barrels with their kits.

The barrel is always ordered from their recommended source. (with a seperate check to manufacturer) As Mike says, they have exceeded Getz's ability to consistently supply barrels, so other avenues had to be sought.
In the process, Barbie ( Jim's daughter) started Buckeye Barrels.
Look at their order page, and you'll see how it's done. In fact, their order form still shows Getz as the supplier to order from. But, as I said, they have established their own barrel business now.

I just ordered Chamber's York Rifle kit. I ended up getting a Rice barrel in the .40. I don't recall the exact reason Barbie said for the switch, but I'd guess it was a lack of supply from Getz. They were great to deal with. They were out of stocks for the York rifle, but I got my barrel from Buckeye in less than a week!

You won't be disappointed with your Rice Barrel. L.C. Rice makes some real fine barrels. They have a good finish inside and out and everyone I know that owns one claims they shoot real fine with little or no break-in time. Chambers is pretty particular in what he offers, so his endorsement is worth a lot too.

Horse Dr.

For a rifle, I'd rather have a Rice or Colerain but would accept a Getz. For a smoothbore, a Getz is acceptable.

I prefer Getz when I can get them and snap them up when I find them. I have yet to try a Rice but want to as I believe he stress-relives his barrels.

I'm doing a Chambers York now with a 50 cal Rice barrel, supplied by Barbie last year from her stock. I haven't fired it yet but it's a great looking barrel, and if my experience is anything to go by you'll be very pleased with the stock you get too. I'll post pictures of mine on the builder's forum when its done in a few months time. (Have you seen there are two fininshed Chambers Yorks currently on sale at TOW? The pictures are useful).

if I recall when I had emailed barbie about some ?'s she stated that Rice barrels are the way to go . They use certain makers for diff kits they sell somewhat depends on the correct barrel design and dim's for the particullar rifle and or smooth bore

I'm still working on a Chambers Lancaster with a .54 Getz that was one of seven Barbie picked up from Getz at Friendship last year.

It's not that they're not using Getz any longer, it's that they use what they can get in stock. That's why they use more than one supplier, it's an effort to try to keep a few barrels in stock so folks don't have to wait for a barrel to show up to get started on their kit.

My Getz barrel is superb. I've never heard anything bad about Rice's barrels either, and wouldn't hesitate using one. I'm sure any barrel you get from Barbie with a kit, whether it be Rice, Getz, or something else, will be top-notch, and shoot way better than its owner is capable of. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I saw the Yorks on the TOW site. They look nice and that's kind of what helped me make my final decision. I can't wait for the stock and hardware to get here so I can start. I'd love to see your pictures when you're done.

Back