• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

caps available

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
For those of you who are having a hard time buying caps. "Third Generation Shooting Supply" has number 11 caps in stock. You have to pay the haz/mat fee for an order so it helps for several people to go together on an order. My nephew and his boys went in with me and we got three thousand for about 4.25 a hundred. They should keep us shooting for a few years! :idunno: :idunno:

The b@$tards at the LGS here in Idaho are charging 10.00 per hundred.

no. just remember that you are paying for a 1,000 caps with the has mat fee. buy a lot and leverage the costs down. good remenington caps.

There is no minimum, but the haz/mat fee applies whether you buy 100 or 5 thousand. So the more you buy the lower the cost/tin. We chose three thousand since that is the amount we assumed would last us several years with all four shooting. :idunno: :idunno:

FYI I ordered some and checking the date code on box with Remington, these were made between 1994 and 1996, and seem to be a little larger inside then CCI#11 I'm used to. Called 3rd Gen on it, they claim to not know manufacture date??? And too long to work in cash capper they jam in it.

img_0064-24271563.jpg

180pilot said:
FYI I ordered some and checking the date code on box with Remington, these were made between 1994 and 1996, and seem to be a little larger inside then CCI#11 I'm used to. Called 3rd Gen on it, they claim to not know manufacture date??? And too long to work in cash capper they jam in it.

They are old #11 Rifle Percussion caps, not the #11s we use today for cap and ball sixguns.

What does the date of Mfg have to do with anything?They make my rifle and pistol go boom and fit my capper just fine,cash type capper by the way.Thanks to the original poster for the source.Caps when you can get them are $6 a tin plus tax here.Some of us went together and got 5000 a significant saving.Thanks again to the original poster!

Attend the nearest Civil War reenactment. The sutlers there always have musket-size and #11 caps!

I was at the Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville,Indiana today and noticed they had plenty of Remington#10 and CCI#11 caps on the rack. $7.99/100, sure glad I bought 2000 of each at Friendship 3 years ago.

Back