• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Record cap price

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video on how to adapt small pistol primers to shoot on a percussion lock was interesting.
Small pistol primers are not cheap either and I would rather save them for my cartridges. I still think for anyone who is stuck purchasing a #10 or 11 percussion cap maker and Prime-All is the way to go. Some hobby shops sell small sheets of copper that I prefer over soda cans or Mcmaster. Though using small primers is a great option.
IMG_1778.jpeg

I have a feeling that not a lot of 'homemade' powder is all that high of a quality, too. Just sayin'
I know you're not allowed to discuss the making of powder here, so I won't, but I've seen videos of people who make stuff that I wouldn't touch with a 10-ft pole, and other videos of people who make things that are of equal quality to professionally made powder.

If you want to make good, real, black powder, you need to invest in some tools and equipment, it's not just a "kitchen" project

Small pistol primers are not cheap either and I would rather save them for my cartridges. I still think for anyone who is stuck purchasing a #10 or 11 percussion cap maker and Prime-All is the way to go. Some hobby shops sell small sheets of copper that I prefer over soda cans or Mcmaster. Though using small primers is a great option.
View attachment 262507
I failed to mention you have to purchase the prime all separately and if you have the patience for it was originally sold for Preppers that reload 22LR LOL 😂. My son was successful in reloading 22. He was just experimenting; if I’m not mistaken they included a mold. But that’s for another forum. With my clumsy fingers I don’t reload anything smaller than .357 with black powder of course! Smoke city and very powerful.

Back